Register now to get rid of these ads!

where to get my gauges cleaned up and modified??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bottomedout39, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Bottomedout39

Bottomedout39
    from Reno NV

Hey guys,

Anyone have first hand knowledge/experience with one of the many gauge restoration companies out there. Not only would I like the gauges cleaned up a little more but I would like them modified, for example, maybe to electric from manual on the oil pressure and an extended or electric temp. sender.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks!!

[​IMG]

2. Bottomedout39

Bottomedout39
    from Reno NV

3. Bottomedout39

Bottomedout39
    from Reno NV

Being a newb, can someone just tell me if the oil pressure gauge can be converted to electric???

thanks

4. tooslow54

tooslow54

you'll probably get people much smarter than me telling you how to do it, but if you don't have the know-how or want to pay pros these guys do good work: http://www.classicinstruments.com/

5. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

We use Bobs speedometer for restorations, or Redline gauge works for mods. We used to do the retrofits but it gets pricey quickly. the hard part on the 37-39 ford id changing the mechanical temp, the window is the wrong size/shape to add the electronic stuff. For a rest its $600-$800, a retrofit runs more, so be prepared! Those look pretty good, no reason the mechanical temp won't be fine.
    Mark

6. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Sent my `52 Chevy gauges to United Speedometer for a complete re-do about a year ago. They converted everything to 12-volt, replaced the amp gauge with a voltmeter, redid the water temp gauge to a 250 max, oil pressure to 80 max, new fuel gaugee and redid the speedo to go up to 120 (they'd have gone to 160 if I wanted). New faces, new needles, new sending units for everything yadda yadda. It was NOT cheap ... but it was the best money I spent on any one item for the entire build. I'm loving my gauges every time I sit down behind the wheel ...

7. Retrorod

Retrorod

Redline Gaugeworks did the instruments in my 1935 sedan. They are pretty busy so be prepared for a bit of a wait. The gauges came out awesome and have been flawless.