Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where to get chrome reverse wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gus68, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

Hey guys. Yes I did a search. I'm looking for a set of chrome reverse wheels (with stock style centers, NOT those stupid 10 hole smoothy thinggys). Fronts just 15 by 4 or 5, but for the rears I would like 15 by 10 and probably a custom back spacing. Like I said, I did some searching and heard a lot of good things about Rally America. So I E-mailed them, said they had a fire and are only doing wire wheels now. DAMN. Now what??? I have heard good and bad about wheel vintiques, (seems like more bad) So i'm kinda leary about them. Soooo... any other good recomendations? I got the car painted, I have the tires, now I need WHEELS!!!!!!

2. squirrel

squirrel

make your own from old stock centers, send them out for chrome before you weld them back together.

That's not the answer you want, I know.

Torkwrench likes this.
  3. mj40's

mj40's

I got mine from the wheel kid of Rally America.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Did he recover from the business burning down?

5. mj40's

mj40's

His web page is still up and still selling on ebay. Jimmy is also still listed as a Alliance Vendor here.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  6. From a 50 something Buick.
    When Those are chromed it's like suntan oil on boobs:)

The ones mj posted are about all you can get today and not what I think of when " reversed" is in the description.

7. mj40's

mj40's

If he is still around, Rally American will build about anything for you and he lists true reversed rims to. When I bought mine he was very reasonable and gave me a discount for being a alliance member then. Give Jimmy a call and he will tell you what he can do.

8. Wheelsmith was excellent to work with when I purchased some oe style steelies a year ago.

9. Smooth from the lip to the hub
    Built with a taper to clear the brake drums, but when reversed ohhhh boy.

So who is selling theses ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

10. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Try, Pete Paulsen in Northern California. He will make it right! Excellent quality.

11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

This what I did for the wheels for my 34 Chevy. Found a set of centers from a 55 Chevy and bought new hoops, (rims), from Wheelsmith. All the chrome and reassembly work was done locally, here in Northern Illinois. However, the centers could have sent in and done at Wheelsmith.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  12. COLEMAN BROTHERS CUSTOMS

COLEMAN BROTHERS CUSTOMS
    from So Cal

Yeah, really the nicest and most accurate chrome reverse wheels use the tapered hoops. Skinny '49 Chevy wheels even have a nice little taper to 'em...perfect for the front, with either Ford or Chevy centers. And for the back, early to mid 50's Cad or Buick hoops are the cats meow. It might take you awhile to accumulate the pieces to make a perfect set, but worth it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. I recently talked to Jimmy and he said they are back doing wire wheels but have no plans to get back into doing chrome reversed wheels again or regular OE steel wheels again, and I had centers to be used, but the needed equipment was destroyed. Just before the fire I had talked to him about doing a set and he had centers for the early OE wheels at a reasonable cost, but all was lost.

14. Speedway has them.