Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to buy vintage fiberglass hood scoops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kurts49plym, Mar 12, 2008.

1. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I had a hood scoop on this 55 chevy of mine in the 70s. I want to find another one, preferably from a company that even made it in the 70s and is still in business. It looks like the hemi scoop pictured. It was approx 24 inches wide in the front, maybe 4-6 inches high. I've done some searching on the internet and not had much luck. Any ideas? Any old companies still out there? Thanks, Kurt

Attached Files:

2. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Glastec...............MAS.............W&S..............Fiberglass trends...Fiberglass Plus...all make the Hemi scoop
    M.
    ..funny thing...we have found that the Hemi scoop will slow ya down about 1 mph in a quarter as compared to the shorter Max Wedge scoop.......

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

VFN Fiberglass Anderson Industries

4. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Check out a J.C. Whitney catalog. They still sell some of the same style scoops they sold 30 years ago......Probable the very same ones that were in stock 30 years ago!. Is Whitney still on Archer Ave. on the south side of Chicago??.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

6. pastlane

pastlane

rod N race fiberglass Lots of scoops

7. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

FIBERGLASS TRENDS is in Orange, Ca. They've been around a long time.

8. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Thanks for the sources. I have not been able to find one like the one I need. The hemi scoops are approx 3 feet wide while the one on my 55 (from the 70s) was around 2 ft. wide. I suppose it's possible it was narrowed down, which is what I will have to do. I just bought another 55 hardtop that will be a clone of the one pictured. Took me 35 years to get another one. 283+.125, 4 speed, 5.13 rear-Hope you like the pics!:)

Attached Files:

9. raffman

raffman

I think Unlimited Fiberglass has that style. Watch out for crating and truck freight charges!!!!!

10. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Well I bought the one from unlimited Fiberglass. Perhaps I can modify it narrower. Cost $75 and $55 to ship. Can you believe that shipping gouging? I guess I shouldn't complain if I had to have it. Kurt

11. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

Summit racing has some

12. 210ken

210ken
    from Michigan

You'll do well to avoid Showcars Body parts. My experience was BAD. Junk parts and shakey business. My $0.02