Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where exactly do my vacuum lines go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnyhotrod, May 14, 2007.

1. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

I have a '64 Chrysler 413 in my A Coupe. I'm not sure where the vacuum lines go for sure... I have an idea from a few schematics I've seen, but incorporate emmission crap and heater fittings, etc. so I don't want to guess and be wrong. I have taken a few pics to illustrate my set-up and would appreciate an answer to a seemingly simple request. Thanks.

Pictured is a view of the mill. A vacuum nipple at the rear of the intake manifold with a slightly smaller one branching from it. There is a nipple on the center of the AFB carb the same size as the larger one on the intake and another of equal size on the valve cover. There are two small fitting coming from the carb, one of which I have going to the distributor and the other to the choke.

Jonny

Attached Files:

2. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

well for one, are your windshield wipers run off vaccum? Im not sure what year they stopped doing that

3. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

I'm planning on using the stock vacuum wipers. Also, if I remeber correctly there MAY be a vacuum connection of some sort on the push button shift console, but I can't say for sure without looking at it tomorrow.

Jonny

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

The one on the back of the intake went to power brake booster. Plug it.
    Put a line from back of carb to a PCV on valve cover. The one on your VC now is not a PCV (weren't out in '64) it was just a vent that had a line to the air cleaner housing.

5. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I don't know, but you can probably block off most of them. You've already got the distributor hooked up, and the choke if it has something. The valve cover can probably be hooked to the back of the carb or intake, and the wipers too. Other than that, plug em till you need em.

6. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Plug the big one and little one in the intake? The large filling on the carb is on the front and I was planning on running it to the valve cover... What's the difference between a PCV valve and what I have now? And do the others look ok? Thanks.

Jonny

7. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Personally, with regard to vacuum wipers, I'd plumb in a canister to keep the wipers going when you floor the accelerator pedal. Nothing worse than driving in the rain and having the wiper stop when you hit the gas!

8. squirrel

squirrel

looks to me like you can probably get rid of the fitting at the back of the intake if you don't have power brakes or any vacuum operated heater valves or whatnot. (sounds like you need it for vacuum wipers and maybe for the heater pushbutton control?)

The big one at the front of the carb would go to the pcv valve, which might be what the thing in the valve cover is...did you look at it and see what's in it? maybe it comes apart and has a pcv valve hidden in there?

[​IMG]