Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Where does this go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JorgeFleet48, Jul 13, 2023.

  1. JorgeFleet48
    Joined: Jul 11, 2019
    Posts: 68



    As I begin gathering everything to reassemble my chevy 235, I came across this round part. I can't remember where it came from for the life of me. Any ideas?

    Thanks 20230712_184409.jpg
    dana barlow likes this.
  2. rusty valley
    Joined: Oct 25, 2014
    Posts: 3,858

    rusty valley

    Looks like a splash thing that would go on the front of the crank, next to timing gear. but..I am no 235 expert
    JorgeFleet48 and dana barlow like this.
  3. dana barlow
    Joined: May 30, 2006
    Posts: 5,057

    dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

    Ya,inside* timing cover on crankshaft*. It is designed too help front oil seal last longer. After the rest of engine is together an timing cover is on with seal,the front pulley goes on an bolted=that then holds it between pulley an crank.
    Some call that a slingring. The flair faces out away from crank so the pulley snout goes through seal an push's the center of ring to the timing chain gear.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  4. SEAAIRE354
    Joined: Sep 7, 2015
    Posts: 530


    Don’t feel bad. You are far from the first guy to forget to put it back on.

  5. JorgeFleet48
    Joined: Jul 11, 2019
    Posts: 68


    thank you all...... again

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.