Register now to get rid of these ads!

where do my vacume lines go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by n847, May 1, 2012.

1. n847

n847

I started my engine tonight and set the timing at 8 degrees before TDC, and it falls on its face when I crack the throttle, it was better before I adjusted it! The vacuum ports were all plugged up, then I got to looking at the carb and realized I'm not sure what the hell lines should be hooked to what ports? I'll attach a pic below, and any advice would be appreciated! The vacuum adv is hooked into the port at the bottom front of the carb. The Trans is hooked in at the fuel metering block (I think) on the passenger side. There are 2 ports hooked together (not sure why thats how it was when I got it. I'm not currently running a PCV valve. Its a mild 350 bored .60 over with a holley 650cmf carb, an Edlebrock Performer RPM Intake with no vent tube, and an HEI distributor.

So to review my questions are:
    1. What should my timming be set at?
    2. How should my vacuum lines be hooked to the carb?
    3. Do I really need a PCV valve?

[​IMG]

2. thorpe31

thorpe31
    from nor-cal

1) 8 is a good start with line disconnected and port plugged.
    2) picture
    3) You should run a pcv valve.

Attached Files:

3. n847

n847

WOW thorpe...thats really helpful! I guess I should have the trans plugged into the port on the bottom at the front of the carb then!

I'll get the vacuum to the right location on the carb today and see if that helps the advance enough to keep it from falling on its face!
    Thanks!