Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where do I get...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jj mack, Mar 2, 2008.

1. jj mack

jj mack

A new radiator core. I have read the articles on building radiators, but where can you buy the cores.

Stainless Steel Megaphones for headers. I tries lakeheaders...they said they no one makes em.

Thanks

2. 4-pot

4-pot

I don't have the web address handy but I got my core from Maine auto radiator. I got my stainless cones from Cone engineering, its in Los Alamitos, CA. I had to settle for a different size cone than I wanted but they were also longer so I could cut the to the right length. I dont think they will custom make them unless you want LOTS.

3. David Chandler

David Chandler

Ask any local radiator shop where they get their cores. My uncle used to get them from a company called Beacon I think. BUT the guy who took over the business, began making his own cores. Unfortunately he went out of business so I can't hook you up with him.

4. what fenders

what fenders

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jimmy...

This is the only place I know of that sells cones that lists online.
    http://www.coneeng.com/

I was planning on using them but I was hoping that someone else may have a resource as well. You beat me to the question. Hopefully someone else is making cones or knows of someone. Maybe Hanksville Hot Rods (Hank) will chime in.

6. jj mack

jj mack

7. hodaphile

hodaphile
    Alliance Vendor

http://coneeng.com/conical_products.html If you click on the "cone calculator" you can figure out if they have a cone to match what you want. Lots of choices in MS and SS different thicknesses too.