Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did your first car go????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Nov 18, 2010.

1. strnge

strnge

My 1972 Monte Carlo got hit 2 times within a month during my senior year in High School 1989. Totaled it out on the second accident. Ended up in junk yard. First one was by a chick who made a right turn from the left lane. Second one, demolished the car. I was broad sided on the drivers side by a 1972 Chevy Van 1 block from the previous accident. Luckily my best friend saw him coming and yelled out "Watch out" pointing to my left. That gave me me enough time to slam the car in reverse. The drunk driver took off the front clip of my car and proceeded up an embankment and crashed in to a building. I think I have only one photo of the car left. I had taken others, but don't know where they are.

Mike

2. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Addendum:
    Yeah, after my brother took off the front end group, he covered up the front of my former car with a tarp, and it sat that way in his driveway for about six months. After getting a visit from the Redlands (CA.) police about the complaints received from his neighbors, he wound up junking the car.
    So a perfectly good ( broken auto.trans./missing front group) 1955 Ford Victoria went to the junkyard for next to nothing, where I'm sure it got scrapped out.
    Nice neighborhood, huh?...:rolleyes:

3. GlenC

GlenC

My first car straight out of high school in 1966 was a 1941 Willys sedan. (First pic), actually taken just before I bought it off my grandfather for $20. It was swapped for a 51 Ford sedan in 1968, I wanted the sidey for a 28 Essex coupe project. The Willys got a sidey as well, plus a flame paint job. (2nd pic)

A couple of years ago I decided to try and find it, I'd been told it was sitting in a shed somewhere, and hadn't been on the road in years. Someone else beat me to it, (3rd pic) and it's now pretty in pink and back on the road.

A survivor!

Cheers, Glen.

Attached Files:

4. First car was a '55 chevy 210. Got it from a nice lady from Pasadena. It was a 235/pg with 21,000 miles when I got it at the age of 15. A few years of building and a lot of ass kissing to the local hot rod guy (Rex Carson) I ended up with a de-stroked 327 4speed with a Poncho rear.

Drove it for about 6 months. Was getting squirrly going up a hill, caught a pothole and popped a u-joint. Let it roll back down the hill and park it.. Trotted off to get a driveshaft. Came back and some drunk asshole t-bonned it pushing it over the curb into a building.. Totaled...

Took it home and harvested the good stuff and some guy gave me 10 bucks for the carcass.. (this was 1974) Found a really nice '57 Nomad for $300.00 with a blown motor.. Put the goodies from the '55 into the Nomad.

While building the Nomad, I came across a '66 Cadillac on the easy payment plan. That became my daily. I still have it.

Put a little less of a cam in the engine from the '55, Stuck a powerglide behind it. Had a good friend help me out a lot with the Nomad. On a Friday we had it running sweet. Just tinted the back windows. (anyone remember spray tint.. what a mess) and washed it off. I let my buddy use it that night for a date. There is this nasty freeway in Los Angeles / Pasadena. In '74 a few of the off ramps had these huge cement v shapped things as you exited. The one at Ave. 52 ended the Nomads life that night..

5. fonti

fonti

to the crusher (an ugly Fiat Ritmo - you won't know this oversea stuff...)
    thought I'm a hell of a driver and did not know anything about physics...

6. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

My Dad and I built it in '78 and I still have it, although it's disassembled awaiting time/money/enthusiasm.
    [​IMG]

7. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Junk yard after I wrecked and split it in half. It was a 1964 1/2 Mustang. Still have the title.

8. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

Still have my 57 from when i was 12. and Still a work in progress

But for a first driveable car and the girlfriend Ive still got them too lol

89 Jeep wrangler- rotting in the woods waiting for me to paint my five seven this summer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  9. 1960 Ford Sunliner went to the crusher in '68. Way too much rust to save (for that era).
    The 352/300 and Cruise-O-Matic went in my friend's 56 Victoria coupe and later into a 64 Ford Galaxie wagon. 0F55Y239338 Still remember the VIN after all these years.

10. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

11. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

My first car went to a Police Chief in Wyoming. That was 20 years ago. From what I hear he is long retired and still has the car. I might have to go and see him when I get home and try to talk him out of it....

12. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

Stolen and never was recovered.

13. Mine was a '62 Studebaker Lark that I paid $125 for in 1978. Sold it to my cousin for $250 & he drove the wheels off it. Never learned what happened to it, sure would like to have it now! Sorry, no pics

14. hemi46

hemi46
    Member Emeritus

50 Plymouth Suburban, paid $40 in payments in 66. Left it in Montana when we moved back to Ia in 67. Heard it got put in a creek bank as filler full of rocks.

15. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

I was 14 when my Dad started asking what I wanted. He showed me a primered 79 Camaro that he could have gotten cheap but of all the cars in the world, that was the one I could never stand. Looking back, any old pickup would have worked, but I told him I wanted something older and he found a 67 Impala rotting away in a backyard. I think he paid a couple hundred dollars for it. Almost 25 years later, I'm still driving it. Sometimes I think about letting it go but I'd always kick myself.

16. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

My 1st car is collecting dust and paint overspray in garage....basically a mini storage shed in the form of a dismantled '68 Charger R/T with rusty 1/4 panels....
    It makes me sad.....but other projects and lack of $$$ (and motivation for it) have kept it in it's cocoon for the past 3+ years...

Damn....now I'm really sad thinkin' about it....

17. bauschracing

bauschracing

My first car was a 1957 ford custom 300. It was green and white with a 312 Y block. I was caught driving it while my parents were taking my sister back to college. I was 14. It ws sold to a person that used it to hold up a package store. I guess that it went to jail also.
    Mike

18. slik

slik

My first car was a 73 laguna ss. bought it after it was hit from the rear. drove it for 1 month then stripped it enitrely to build a 74 malibu. I used the interior, dash, engine, trans, rear end, etc. and ended up scrapping the body.

19. no55mad

no55mad

This Jan, made a trip to Michigan for family reasons. Went to Crusin Customs in Holland to get a T shirt. Got talking to the owner about a 57 Chev I sold there in the mid 70's. He knew the car and had restored it. This is my first tri 5 - bought it in Miss when in the Air Force, went to Ca in this car, made several cross country trips with it until selling it in Holland. This is how it looks today.

Attached Files:

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!! I love this truck ZooKeeper! Ya gotta get this one back together...

21. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Mine was a '38 Ford coupe that my brother bought for $15 and gave to me. He had paid $20 for his '39 that he and I drove from Texas to California in '58. That was '59 and I was 14. I drove it through High school and JC. It had an Olds for a while. My dad and I drove it to TJ for upholstery $60! All metal parts inside were Chrome $100. I sold it to a friend for $250 so I could buy a '40 sedan delivery for $75. I last saw it running at Fremont with a Pontiac in it. I recently saw the '40 in a parking lot photo in a magazine.

22. Still in my garage.......39 years and counting.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  23. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

To the junk yard the day I brought it home. It was a 37 Chevy fordor which my uncle gave me; jumped out of second gear and was a real piece of junk. I took it over to a co-workers house and he said if it were him he would junk it. He also said he knew of a 34 Ford fordor that I could get for $125.00, I bought it.... that was in 1962. He and I built it into a Hot Rod. I sold it a year later and bought it back 10 years later, had it a couple of years and sold it again...... DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

Attached Files:

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

still got the first one, but my second car I bought in 1978 for $300.00 was a 1969 GTO Judge. drove the hell out of it for about 3 years and sold it for $900.00.

I saw it at a swap meet in the same condition that I sold it in but not running for $12,000.00 about 3 years ago. still had the original RAM AIR III 400 and 4 speed. it was pretty worn out when I sold it, I'm suprised it had survived.

25. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

25 years, still a daily driver.

26. Wasn't my very first car, had it in school though, O/T car, 69 Z-28 Camaro. Sold it to my best friend in school, that was during the fuel crisis in 1974. He put the car up in 1975. Even built a new family room and put the car inside it. In 1997, he put the house up for sale. His wife said the Camaro was not going to be welcome in the new house and asked me if I would like to buy it back.
    Got the car back and enjoyed it for a few years. Sat in the garage next to a nice T-Bucket I also had. Another friend of mine acquired a 70 Hemi Cuda and did not like the car. Asked me if I would consider trading the two cars I had for it. I said sure, but on one condition. If he ever decided to sell the Z-28 I had first right of refusal to buy it back.
    We made the trade, two weeks later, I go out of the country on a business trip. I come home and find out he TRADED my old Z-28 at the Lincoln Mercury dealership while I was gone.
    Not only was he a dumbass, he was no longer my friend, and to this day still isn't.

27. millersgarage

millersgarage

rolled my first car multiple times, and gave it to Pinto Bob's junk yard, a few miles down the road from me.

28. Reman

Reman
    from Florida

Still got it, sittin in the bushes behind my house. Sadly its mostly rotted. it is a 39 Chevy 4 dr sedan. Got it and started driving it to school when I was 13. I am pushing 61 now...wow Ron

29. dragass

dragass

1973 Satelite Sebring, eventually went to the crusher.