Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you hide your radio ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mayor of G-Vegas, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Just curious about this statement, just seems odd that Apple would make an analog output through their 30-pin connector have a better signal than through the intended port for headphones. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an iPod?

I would think the sound quality should be the same regardless of connection.

2. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Done the ipod/amp(s) setup in the poncho. The only thing you see is the cigarette lighter converted to volume control in the dash. Everythings hidden so when the "purest hotrodders" look inside I don't get the above mentioned " I only need to listen to the pipes" BS. I'm one off those whose likes good sounds when we're out cruising around - not annoying the neighbourhood with loud pipes - hell I'd get a Harley if I wanted to do that !!!

3. when I did my '51 Ford interior a few years ago, I just did not want a new stereo looking out of place in an otherwise older style interior. I found a second '51 dash and sectioned it down to just the glove box.
    [​IMG]

...and fitted a new stereo, iPod cable, and power source inside the new glovebox/center console.
    [​IMG]

and made a compact speaker enclosure covered using the same perforated SS as the instrument area. it is mounted just below the stereo.
    [​IMG]

It has been done for a few years, but I do not seem to have any better photos than these.

TonyVoltron likes this.

4. yeah and we put our dvd monitors in the spare tire under the car:rolleyes:..lol.. under the seat if there is room is great..I do like the og radio w/guts removed and new head unit stuck in. pretty slick. but to me hot rods, like motorcycles, don't need radios...just my $0.02

5. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

WTF's a radio??