Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. well i gues its because i will have a go at anything even if i dont know what i'm doing, anything anywhere anytime, i might not get it right the first time but hell i'll still have a crack at it.

2. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

You're a barber? ;)

That's a great screen name IMHO!

I use mine on all my car related forums to avoid confusion, and only one person has taken offense to it here... the whiny little bitch! :D

But it derives from totally rebuilding a car most people have never heard of, and the rest don't give a crap about that I really liked that was by all accounts "un-fixable" it was literally the roughest car I have ever done and even though it's OT for here I kept the name, and if t really bothers someone that much that they have to vocalize it, they really shouldn't be on the interweb.:) But people at the time told me I was nuts for even thinking of building that car, but man was that a great learning experience!

[​IMG]

3. My oldest son gave it to me. It was my screen name for the first time I logged on to get e-mail

4. Mine followed me home and my mom let me keep it...

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky
    from So.Cal

6. historynw

historynw

My sideline history. I do have a car related names for 2 other boards.

7. Dave B.

Dave B.

I was born with it!

8. Old Heap

Old Heap

From a mirror.......

9. mine is a buesness i have
    jandlcars
    Jim & Linda Christian Auto Repair Service non profit
    work on cars for people in desprate need and traveling Missionaries
    and build Hot Rods

10. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Mine was assumed by me when I moved to this small resort town in upstate NH and discovered a mess in municipal operations without any "loyal opposition" to anything the Board of Selectmen were doing. So I began being the crusty old bastard that raised all kinds of objections, first in public meetings, then in letters to the weekly paper and finally in a blog, using "olcurmdgeon" as my moniker. So now I use it for anything, and yes, Walter Matthau in Grumpy Old Men is a true hero of mine!

11. Tripple G

Tripple G

Mine came easy, my intitials from my first, middle and last name. I've been called Tripple G (ya I know, it's really spelled with one P) for many years.

12. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Several years ago at AgOnLine, we used our first name, last initial, and state of residence when ever we posted. Didn't have avatars or biographies and such, so it made it easy to keep up with everyone and what crop/weather region they were writing about.
    I never could think of anything else besides those derogatory words my wife uses, so it just stuck with me.
    Tom S. in Tn.

13. grey46

grey46

My hair ,what I have left started turning gray right after highschool ,so folks started calling me gray ,born in 1946 So grey46,plus its easy to remember.

14. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

At one time in my life I was very involved in skydiving. I spent about 10 years in the sport. I make my hole in St. Louis, MO...STL. I've been using that screen name for years.

Blue Skies!

Andy from STL

15. lazee

lazee

from my real name LArry ZEE H.

16. Everyone calls my dad junkman and Im his son and 1977 was the year I was born

17. revray

revray

Came by mine honestly, I'm a Reverend.

18. finch6013

finch6013
    from Oregon

Finch was a nickname I used to have long while back, and 6013 is my NHRA number from when I was a bracket racer.

19. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I like Hot Rods, and I'm an Elvis Fan.

20. John Stimac

John Stimac

From Mom and Dad

21. Welder because well....i am a welder.

X's stand for straight edge.

22. rainh8r

rainh8r

I looked outside one day in July when I wanted to go riding.

23. The thirteenth letter of the alphabet is "M" and my name is Michael, so "13"

24. The Internet

The Internet
    from Hudson, NH

• I have a huge welth of information but it's up to you to decipher what is useful
    • I am often wrong but you won't know it until you do further research
    • I'm good for dating
    :D

25. DustyBarnfinds

DustyBarnfinds

After collecting various kinds of cars, trucks, and antique toys for years, somebody told a friend of mine (who wanted me to look at his "antique" five year old car) that the only thing I was interested in was dusty barnfinds. It stuck, and now it's the name of our online store as well.

26. bigbubba

bigbubba

I was born on christmas night 1977,My mom always says i was the best and worst present she ever got:confused:

27. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Always been partial to Buicks.

28. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

Names Lynn, stepkids called me lynyrd so much my wife's mom for years thought Lynyrd was my name. Live in Las vegas, so.... LvLynyrd for las Vegas Lynyrd

29. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Mind was from the heading of a magazine article about my work, the title was "Mind over metal" so I simply took the mindover bit.

David

30. Kinghat

Kinghat

One of my bands is named Kinghat