Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. Conrad_AZ

Conrad_AZ

Hummm,
    My Name is Conrad and I live in Arizona?

2. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

It's my name. It all started one day in 77 when The King came through my town. My momma was the hottest piece of ass in the trailer park, and when she won front row tickets to the Elvis concert that weekend, she knew this was her chance. With the top she was wearing that night daddy couldn't help but take notice. Anyway, the stars aligned and momma managed to get the man she was after that night in the back seat of her beat up 58 Edsel parked around back of the concert hall. Nine months later I was popped out in the front seat of that same ride as she was pulled over on the side of the road, unable to make it to the hospital in time. She named me after that car, and years later I took my real daddy's surname after my momma revealed his identity in a drunken fit one night.

The preceding was a complete work of fiction and poster is in no way related to Elvis Aaron Presley.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

I don't really know the idea behind my name, I guess I just thought of it. The closest explanation I can think of is I used to have a '79 Firebird. Hooker Super Comps and Flowmaster 40s, loud. Phoenix is another name for a Firebird, Fear is pretty obvious.

4. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

it was the name of a shotgun I liked shooting and seemed a good username buying gold coins so it was the first internet user name I every had and I use it on every online broad as allot of people are on more then on they instantly know who I am

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I live on the island of Oahu in Hawaii and my nickname is Eli. Took me a long time to figure this one out. Still sharp as a marble after all these years.

6. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

i got my name after my 57 ford f100

7. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

Alcohol was a contributing factor.

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

alcohol? haha, mines a college nickname, although I prefer gin

9. Skeezix was my late wife's nickname as a kid and is the name of our sign business - Skeezix.biz - her grand dad (WW2 navy man) nicknamed her after the cartoon guy in my avatar

10. narlee

narlee

A word for cool or neat (different spelling) back in the day but it was brought back by the next generation, my son used it. I use it for the plates on my 61 Vette.

11. My Dad. Different middle names, something about being called Junoir I haven't ever liked hearing. Pops calls me Jay Jay.. I think it's funny when other people call me Jay Jay, but it's better than Junoir!

12. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

From Cannonball Run 2: Lamborghini girls: What do you have under the hood? Wrecker driver: 454 4 on the floor, full house with a blower!
    I love those movies! Thats where I got my captain chaos avatar too

13. rotten egg

rotten egg

It's what my Austrian grandma called me when I was a kid. (she also called me a louse, & a rotten kid thru her heavy German accent, with rolling "R"s).
    I can't remember being that bad.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  14. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

15. Master of None

Master of None

I do it all. Paint, welding, fabricating, some mechanical and try to play some guitar. I'm still not up to my own par. I'm still learning everyday. So I'm a jack of all trades master of none.

16. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Well mine has nothing to do with any western movies so figure it out

17. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

my sons naem is Jonah and for a while we were into the Hot Wheels scene and now i just use it outta ease of keeping all my names straight (it's silly by now)

18. Tank

Tank

I joined when I was 17, and still in High School. Drove my Mercury to school all the time when it was decent out. A couple kids I went to school with called my car "The Tank". It was the best I could think of when I was sitting in the school library during study hall joining the H.A.M.B. Would probably do it differently if I was to do it over again. But Oh well, thats my screen name now.

19. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Floyd Pepper from the Muppet Show:

[​IMG]

I was also a Sgt. in the Air Force and am a moderator at redpepperracing.com

Most friends just call me "Sarge"

20. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

wtf ??another genius coonass

21. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

The first time driving my latest creation, a bit of a Rat '39 fenderless Chevy p/u, pull into a gas station to get gas. An old guy comes over to look at the car, I figure he's diggin it. He says "Hell, this things a Deathtrap!" Yeah!!!!

22. LYNN49

LYNN49

First name and year of birth.

23. Johnny99

Johnny99

Spent a lot of good times croozin/wastin time on Old Hiway 99 when I was a young man, its kinda the Northwest mother road. There use to be several Jerry's Cherry type hotrod car lots, sleazy AHEM, hotels that rent "by the hour" Some slot car tracks, and a bit of neon. Plus I kinda thought it rolled off the tongue:p John

24. boston

boston
    from SEATTLE

"Boston" comes from my accent, really!

I hail from the Boston area and I'm living in Seattle currently. Whenever I open my mouth to speak, I get, "Are you from New Zealand" or for better-or-worse, "Are you from New York"????

Might as well take the moniker...."Boston" ...there shouldn't be any confusion there!

Jim
    AKA "Boston"

25. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

Mines pretty simple it's the car I was restoring at the time I made the name ... Oh wait I'm still redoing the damn thing ... ALSO KNOW AS --- WD40 I use on other sites , got that nic 20 years or more ago because I use to use wd40 as starting fluid and an old buddy down the road could not get his weedeater to start I went down and sprayed some wd40 in it and it started and every since he called me WD40

26. It's short for Rocky Mtn Rod & Custom, the name of my bodyshop.....dunno why I picked such a long name, but it's too late to change it now.......plus I love to see the mtns right outside my window.

27. blt2go

blt2go

who doesn't love bacon?

28. roadracer

roadracer

You win. :D

Mine was obvious and I couldnt believe it was still available here when I joined. I've always loved scaring the crap out of people on the track - especially people who think they drive fast on the street. Hitting the brakes at 140 when a 90deg corner is looming always gets their knuckles white ;)

I built a GT40 replica that I did 60k miles in, and drove around many circuits in UK, France, Spain. What a blast that was.

29. I was a fighter pilot in the Air Force for 10 years, and spent 30 years as an airline pilot. Civvies gave us lots of names, skin heads, space cadets, pocket rockets, but I liked jet jock the best.
    Bob

30. It's a native american thing.......:cool: