Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. chubbie

chubbie

Chubbie... my fat fender 41 chevy

2. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

Mines pretty dumb i guess. When i was stationed in Cali we had a local forum for us motorcycle riders and i made up mine so that anyone that would meet me would already know where i was from.

Being that everyone we rode with was either military or local area when they heard me talk i would always get the question "Where you from?" cause of the small accent i guess so i made the name so people would already know and it has just been easier to keep the same name on all the forums i've used.

3. dakid

dakid

Got my name from the old geeser in our group as I am the youngest. "The Kid this", "The Kid that." etc. etc. etc.

4. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

I have Unibody Ford trucks, so I'm the Unibodyguy!

Michael:D

5. MissFire

MissFire

It's been so long ago, but it was given to me at the NHRA (Thunder Valley) drags a few years ago. Friends of mine somehow got it from my red hair and me wanting to race a top fuel dragster. lol. It didnt really make much sense, but it stuck. lol :)

6. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

Company name. One of the kids thought of it years ago when I started my business.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  7. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Do I really need to say? My girl gave me the idea.:eek:

8. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

You get the idea. ;)

9. I thought it was clever.

And it's also troo :D

10. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

11. buickbelle

buickbelle

I am the oldest daughter of six children, have two older brothers, two younger and a younger sister. My Mother called me Sissybelle for as long as I can remember. I already had my Regal when Mike bought his first project car a 1961 Buick Bubbletop, then we found a 61 Buick 2dr Sedan Parts car. Three Buicks + One Sissybelle= Buickbelle.

Carrie

12. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

Speed Racer: Pops Racer was the dude who worked on the car for Speed.

13. 21tat

21tat

Uh, what was the question?

14. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

My Mom and Dad. I'm still getting used to all this computer stuff. What can I say, I like old things.

15. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

I just came up with something really stupid and used it. I really didn't intend to stay on the sight for long. I also thought about putting in for a change.

16. When I joined the board I didn't have anything hamb worthy

17. Paul B

Paul B

Got Mine from little Kenny. When we hung out with Mark and Joe, Santangleo Yacavone Race Cars. Looong time ago

18. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

My screen name comes from a fantastic series of "car guy" books written by Burt Levy (The Last Open Road , Montezuma's Ferrari , The Fabulous Trashwagon & Toly's Ghost . Buddy Palumbo is the main character ...
    His book "The Potside Companion" rocks as well .

You can buy 'em HERE - they're WELL worth the read . Written BY a car guy , FOR car guys .

19. genosslk

genosslk

It came from my mercedes slk. That thing is superchared with race suspension and big brakes. It's my "go fast" car, gone over 130mph many times! It is very hard to drive at the speed limit so I garage it most of the time and drive the '53 to keep sane.......and out of jail.

20. kruzr

kruzr

How about yrs ago in Hot Rod mag they advertised plates for you to buy,anyting you wanted,plastic,not sure cant remember,,,I saw KRUZR....that was for me,so I got Canadian personalised plates with those letters....awesome to me (imo)

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

F A B are my initials (Frank A. Burrell), I owned a fab-rication shop and I've been hooked on '32's for longer than any sane person would admit.

Frank

22. Awedrod

Awedrod
    from Wichita KS

Originally wanted Oddrod (after the Hotwheels car), but that was already taken. I stand in awe of knowledge on here and my name is Rodney. Hence the name Awed Rod.

23. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

24. slash46

slash46

been called Slash for 20+ years... huge scar on my right cheek (caught off guard walking out the door at school and a kid slashed me with a knife)

oh yeah, plus I am somewhat deadly with a sword :)

25. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

I used to be Rubberduck, the Buzzard, and others, than wondered why. Im who I am so I use my given name, after my Dad.

26. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I always liked the early-mid 60's Acadians. I had one in the eighties and went from San Diego to Alberta in it. I now have a '64 wagon, so when I joined the HAMB it was a natural fit...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  27. edweird

edweird

My name is ed. A freind at work started calling me edweird because of the things i build.

28. If you own Bulldogs, and we have two, they are just little gangsters, plain and simple, and one look at either one of them, and lets just say they have made you a offer, you couldn't refuse.

29. GreaseRat3

GreaseRat3

nickname i was given at work since i have a habit of getting dirty/greasy when every one else tries to stay clean...and i like rat rods, something about the decrepit look but still runs like a beast...