Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. I have to thank my two boys!

2. Shift_Taste

Shift_Taste
    from Ohio

I thought it was clever.

3. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I'm a Ford guy and my truck is a '78.

4. the Surf Monster

the Surf Monster
    from 90650

When the waves are good I become a monster, at least that is what my wife says. I tend to believe that it is only necessary to be in waves when they are good. Wouldn't you agree?

5. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

big d is my nickname 4x is because I like 4X4 trucks and have always owned 1 or 2 and man because well Im a man.

6. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

i was born in byker ,newcastle ,england

7. rogg49

rogg49
    from michigan

my name is roger my frienda call me rogg and i got a 49 packard

8. When I was in grade school they were building a new school. I graduated in the last 8th grade class from the "old school" in 1962, and was in the first class to graduate from the new school after 4 full years in 1966. Hence oldschool66, Plus I like the "old school" hot rod look of the 60s.

9. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

It's my name....Fugured that way I would have less of a chance of forgetting my login name that way.:D

10. eddie1

eddie1

At my last job we had these horrible black & white printer generated photos on a claim check we gave to the customers. Mine was just a window peak away from being Eddie Munsters twin.
    Eddie was already taken so I became eddie1.
    Mine name is Rod but all the variations of hot rod were already taken.

11. kookee

kookee

My son loved Cookie Monster. He would run up while I was not paying attention and yell "Cooooookie!". It became a family reaction when things went wrong. Kinda like swearing that only us parents understood.

[​IMG]

12. travj31 - 1st name travis, middle initial j, favorite # 31

13. haulAss or GTFO

haulAss or GTFO

14. from the name of my car

15. Big Somoan

Big Somoan

I got my name because I'm 6'6" 350+, and I look like Im from the island of Samoa....Boo ya

16. MBog

MBog

Bog, a severe hesitation before severe acceleration

17. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

AZAV8
    I'm building an A-V8 RPU, so when I signed up I tried to use AV8, but that was already taken by Mike Bishop, the author of the Bible on how to build A-V8 roadsters. So I went to Plan B. I'm from Arizona, commonly abbreviated AZ so I became.....AZAV8.

Someone on another board thought it had to do with being into airplanes or an aviator. Nope. I had to explain to him what an A-V8 was.

18. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

I've met many Samoan football players about your size. I can understand why people would call you that.

A friend of mine is 6'-7" tall. His friends call him 5Foot19. For those of you who can't figure it out. 12 + 7 = 19. Take it from there.

19. When I moved to the town I was born in (in upstate NY), everybody called each other by their last names. Mine happens to be May so I got "May", "Mayhem" and "Mayday." After moving back to NC and finding a place on a hockey team, my buddies also started calling me "Mayday" just as they did when I lived up north. It just kind of stuck.

I also plan on naming my Coupe DeVille after the land yacht (80's Buick) my dad made me drive when I first got my license. Everyone laughed as I rolled around town in the "Mayflower."

20. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Well, if anybody's still reading after 18 pages.....
    Back when my Tbird was my daily driver it was the inspiration for my name on another board before I joined this one. It's got old black primer from 1997 and the springs are sagging, so it rides kind of low. Pretty much an old bomb powered by a 428. So there you have it, Tbomb428.

21. Picked up my sandybeaches from 7th grade schoolmate:rolleyes:........In highschool I also
    got StaggerLee.....:)
    I just spent 4 hours reading all these nicknames.......Congrats to you all for the great
    stories behind your screen names.......Thanks!:D I enjoyed reading them all!!!!:cool:

22. doctorZ

doctorZ

my initials are drz.

23. robber grin / Robert Green - from my grandparents...

Also inspired by Daffy Duck's portrayal of Robin Hood...

Yoiks! and away!

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMNnZ5TRHsM"

24. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I heard you only need to know 3 things to be a plumber:

1. Payday is on Friday
    2. Shit rolls down hill
    3. Don't bite your nails...

25. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Nickname is "Jake", my shop is in my back yard, and the caracature is of my old RPU.

26. Mine is a character from a favorite movie.

s.

27. doctorZ

doctorZ

yea, i was just about to tell you to shut the f%#k up!

that really is a great movie ...

28. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

:D

Mine is simply my own name, but spelled in phonetic Dutch. You won't believe it, but all the ''Shiva's'' are taken at hotmail, Yahoo, etcetera... So I changed it to Sjiefaa and kept using it....

29. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Got the nickname going to wyotech. Everybody called me by my last name Lundberg. Then one morning I was running late to class and hopped into my OT Trans Am without drying my hair. Did I mention that it was Febuary, at 6 am in Laramie Wyoming and about 10 below? So I'm warming up the car and the defroster quits working with the windshield still iced over. I'm already late so I say fuck it and drive to class with my head and upper torso hanging out the driver window looking like Ace Ventura. By the time I get to class my hair is nothing but ice and Lundberg became Iceberg. Oh, and 460 is the motor I'm dropping in my A

30. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

you guessed it my cars stay in primer for a loooong time