Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Where did they go and why?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loudbang, Mar 9, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    30.5%
  2. Yes and I know why

40 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. No

58 vote(s)
    41.1%
  1. What is your tablet? Apple, Android based?

2. squirrel

squirrel

You can go to youtube and search for "how to use a tablet" and watch some videos that will teach you what you need to know. It might take a while to find exactly what you want, but it's probably time well spent.

loudbang and K13 like this.
  3. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The H.A.M.B. app works perfectly fine, in fact I rarely access thru my pc much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Android & we probably should start a new thread . Don't wanna hijack

loudbang likes this.
  5. Andrew Tebbutt

Andrew Tebbutt

Hey where are the rules displayed , no participation! Wow I was kicked off before I could take part let alone participate, I joined because I needed help and advise I brought a basket case shipped it to the uk and started my project, if you got the balls have a look on Instagram a j Tebbutt joinery ltd , I did the whole project myself even designed the new chassis and even sprayed it

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. This thread is funny. Reminds me of going into the urinals with your buddies .. everyone talking but noone looks at the other. ;)

Hahaha !! :D

7. I am here because I don't have anywhere else to go. Seriously , this is the best site with the best hot rod people. There are other site's , and then there is the HAMB! I miss Littleman , Falcongeorge, and many others.

54delray, raven, loudbang and 7 others like this.
  8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Miss my buddy.........Bob K

9. There is a pretty strong hot rod community here in the Omaha area with probably 12-15 guys posting here. Some of them have stopped posting and I've asked a few of them why. One guy just got married and was far too busy with his new wife, he said. Several others said life just got in the way with time being spent on ailing parents, new job, family with kids etc etc. I've been pretty lucky in life, kids gone, parents gone etc etc and spend maybe a little too much time here but I love it!

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Dammit Mike, what's that word that the hipsters used to use a lot, oh yeh, "WORD".
    We think alike more than we realize!
    I too wish George had not put himself in the position of being shown the door.

chryslerfan55 and raven like this.
  11. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

That sucks. I feel for you man. I hope the windows of heaven open up for you and you get more back in a short time than what you had before.

12. Rules are posted on page one.
    You've posted 6 times in 4 years.
    No location in your profile.

13. I remember reading a post from Ryan that he was having problems with taptalk posting ad's and he was pissed and there was something about posting classifieds from the app.

I don't know anything about it because I don't use it. HRP

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  14. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If guys stop coming here it’s their loss... and ours to some extent. This place , to me is like a well worn shoe. Having Mike mention Falcon George made me post.. frikin’ guy should come back. He knows his shit! We all gotta teach the newbys, one post at a time. The knowledge here is still astounding...heroes even... PWood...Marty...and young pups like Irontrap, homemadehardtop, Tbirdesque and Hot Rod pro. These are the good old days... you guys RULE!

rod1, loudbang, bchctybob and 4 others like this.
  15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perhaps despite the wishes of some I'm still here;), but on occasions just didn't play. Sometimes I'd click on out of habit and back right out. Sometimes I feel like it's all I have to do and visit a bunch. Not long ago I dropped off for quite some time. I'd look or lurk a minute or so but little else. I have bumped into a few good souls who said they dropped for drama reasons. I never did get that. Isn't "drama" here the same as bustin your pal's balls whilst sitting on a milk crate with dirty hands a fresh cup of coffee? If it isn't it should be. Mrs Highlander and I were talking about days gone by while watching the Detroit gang run on Street Outlaws. Some of it got loud and shitty, but I reminded her of how we'd shuck n jive with each other, talk smack about this or that guy's cars or parts, pretty much the only thing off limits were moms and wives/girlfriends. We loved it and had a kinship that within minutes of telling someone how bad they suck we were elbow deep helping em out. If you have to be PC or raise a pinky to sip a beer or a coffee then hipo stuff is likely off limits. I'd bet there's no soy latte' or espresso booths at drag strips yet. No need to wonder why, right? See one at TROG or the hillclimb? I've never been so can't say. The point being that what many these days decry as toxic is part of the juice, and if it isn't then maybe it "sucks to be you" in a manner of speaking. I was raised by some badass tuff guys that built raw racers and worked construction. Lived the trades and the car life for nearly every memory I can recall. Drama? Kiss my ass. No such thing here, right? For good reason we don't do political shit here. Perfect, who cares about that on a 2-3 shift while burning rubber? Who cares when you're up to your ass in metal fab work or trying to dial in a tripower? Nobody in this lfe. There's several here I miss too but just don't think about it much. I guess the short version is if some left because of "the heat" that's a sad commentary. Life getting in the way will hit us all now n then but I like coming back when the dust settles, and I like the sense of normal it brings too.

The gospel according to, umm...

16. ............Sadly, there are always going to be certain Prima Donnas that are unable to tolerate the good-natured ribbing that most of us have come to expect when hanging with our garage pals...............Don.

17. Most of the negativity around here is far from "good natured ribbing" or busting balls.

Gasser 57, WiredSpider and swade41 like this.
  18. ........................Good point.

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the symptom isn't it. It's also an element of the topics we avoid here, things that tend to be 40 grit to our regular MOs, which then seems to infect more of our endeavors. Even our most beloved stuff at times. I can see and have seen that.

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Adding your location like others do under your name isn't rocket science. Bob

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think people leave for a number of reasons, but I think the biggest thing in the last few years is social media... Facebook, Instagram, etc...

I can’t compete with those guys for obvious reasons, but I sit here and hold out because I like to do what I do... and hope eventually folks will value that over the privacy concerns, etc that come with the giants.

22. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I know someone who thinks the mods are not strict enough. And I also miss Bob K.

Good news vinyl is on the come back.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. wicarnut

wicarnut

Ryan, You have the best site for us car guys (Old Timers) IMO. Thank You for your efforts. For me and many it's part of their AM along with coffee.

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Ryan, I like it here, no reason to buy a phone and leave. Bob

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The whole "yes, and I know why" thing makes me laugh a little.

27. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with what Highlander said above. I grew up in the line construction trade. Saying was you had to be" bout half a bubble off" to be a lineman. Tough bunch and no drama or you would be down the road kickin rocks pronto. The same type of folks were the hot rodders I grew up around in the late 50's early 60's-most in the construction trade as well. After all ,as young guys they made the most $$$!-no drama!! This site for me seems to reflect what I appreciate as an older member . I sometimes don't agree with things said on here but who in the hell on here is 100% right? I'm not for sure and always willing to learn something new even at 77. Not leaving any time soon.

28. I agree with olscrounger above, as he is from a great city. Ryan just keep on keepin on. The HAMB is a great place to sit back and relax and enjoy this disease we all have.............................Now if we could just get rid of all those valve covers..............

29. HotRod33

HotRod33

So he's only posted 6 times in 4 years.. no location.... why does that matter? Maybe he reads or follows a thread.... but he doesn't post.. does It really matter?

chryslerfan55, swade41 and loudbang like this.
  30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Intros don’t matter. Location fields don’t matter. Post count doesn’t matter. None of that silly shit matters.

What matters is content.