Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where can I get textured/designed metal/aluminum sheets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sixcarb, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. Sixcarb
    Joined: Mar 5, 2004
    Posts: 1,503

    from North NJ

    I'm in the middle of doing my dash and need to find some aluminum, stainless or metal sheet that is printed or textured like old stock dashes like Auburns , Cadillacs and Packards, I included a picture of a 31 cadillac v-16 dash since that is what I'm working with, I want this so I can make my gauge panel insert. I don't want to use Engine turned panels in the center of the dash just the outer panels.


    This is one I took off another post......

  2. I saved a textured bottom panel from an old aluminum storm door thinking it might make a cool dash panel sometime. Now, ....... where did I store that? :eek:
  3. squirrel
    Joined: Sep 23, 2004
    Posts: 46,694


    Find an old hardware store and look for replacement panels for the bottom of storm/screen doors. Probably nothing printed, but you should find some textured panels.

    Or go to mcmaster-carr

    and search for "aluminum sheet" and then select textured or perforated.
  4. Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Joined: May 19, 2009
    Posts: 225

    Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

  5. Ryan
    Joined: Jan 2, 1995
    Posts: 19,187

    from Austin, TX
    Staff Member

  6. racer bill
    Joined: Nov 6, 2008
    Posts: 20

    racer bill

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.