Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Where can I find single original style spring bushings?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Dec 1, 2021.

1. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Looking for the short/skinny bushing that fit in the spring perch. My pops had bought several kits and ruined several trying to press them in. I have more than enough shackle links I just need the bushing.

2. squirrel

squirrel

there seem to be a few different sizes, perhaps carefully measuring the ID of the perch might help folks help you.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Might want to mention the particular car for a more focused response. Pete and Jakes would be my first thought.

4. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

Photos, dimensions?

5. Fordors

Fordors

6C56111C-4392-4A9E-AC83-0BC211B3ADDE.png

I think this is the style you are looking for. I didn’t check to see what different applications they stock.
    Oh, and there was a tool BITD to install them, the outer sleeve is a press fit into the spring hanger (perch) on the axle.

pprather likes this.
  6. oldolds

oldolds

Do you have a truck spring repair shop near you? They usually can get things like that. Often they are better quality then most aftermarket parts. Just show them what you need.

7. On my '28 Chevy I measured what I needed and went to a bearing warehouse in my old home town and got some bronze bushings. Very reasonable price.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

Gaslight Auto parts lists them.....You might check Eaton Detroit Spring Co to....

9. gene-koning

gene-koning

I got bushings for my leaf springs from a local spring shop. Like most things this year, I was shocked at how much the cost has risen. I couldn't believe how much they wanted for 4 rubber bushings, but if you divide the cost by how many years of service you get from them, they were pretty cheap per year. Gene

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

This is what I’m looking for. I’ll have to get good measurements

11. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I think Mac's has them too

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check Rock auto if the car isn't too off the wall.