Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where can I find Man-A-Fre linkage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatshoebox, Jan 7, 2005.

1. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Anybody know where I can find a man-a-fre linkage set up for a small block chevy, 4x2 Thanks.

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

It should be pretty easy to fabricate. Heim joints for uprights that hold the cross shaft. Front and rear carbs are tied togther with a rod in pairs. A heim joint in the middle ties the connector rod to the cross shaft. If I remember right a third heim joint in the middle of the cross shaft is used to connect to the original pedal assembly.

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

if you tie the front and rear carbs together like Man A Fre did the lever arms on the center shaft need to be exactly the same length as the arms on the throttle shafts

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I think the uprights were male heim joints with lock nuts so that the cross shaft elevation could be dialed in. I think the arms were the same way...adjustable.

5. Satinblack

Satinblack

Lets not forget that the throttle body arms are not stock and are modified

Oh if you can blow up the little pic under my name you can see mine [​IMG]

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

yeah they are adjustable but with the solid shaft tieing the carbs front and rear the pivot points need to be the same, you could help relieve some potential bind by using two seperate rods linked at the middle arm..

Paul

I'm at work so I don't have access to any pictures of my linkage but here's my Man A Fre on the 454 in my Coupe.. I think there's another picture of it in the Tech O Matic under Carburator

Attached Files:

7. Muttley

Muttley

[ QUOTE ]
    Lets not forget that the throttle body arms are not stock and are modified

Oh if you can blow up the little pic under my name you can see mine [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

thanks guys.. so is it safe to say that I'm not going to find a man-a-fre linkage for sale anytime soon and I'm better off making it myself?

9. Satinblack

Satinblack

Yes thats it Muttley, good job. I did see one on ebay once. But yes make it yourself.

10. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Eelco makes a linkage kit and arms also for a man-a-fre.