Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where can I find front carpeting for an 64 Econoline?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Green Rodz, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I've got a 60's econoline van. I'd like carpet up in the drivers area, front seats forward. Anyone know who makes it, or where I can get it?

2. Slopok

Slopok

I think all those older Vans only came with a rubber mat.

3. Back during the van craze of the 70's we just cut our own,all the early 60's van had rubber mat. HRP

4. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mine was carpeted stem-to-stern and top-to-bottom in shag carpeting, cut to fit and attached with contact cement where necessary.

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

Walmart 6X9 $20,your choice of colors

fairlaneranch likes this.
  6. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I really wanted something DECENT. You know, like a stitched seam around the outside, nice heavy pile, etc. I didn't just want to throw any old carpet in there that ends up moving 2 feet any time you touch it with your foot. And I dont want a rubber mat because I'd like to try and reduce some of the interior noise too.

7. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

56don, I went on their site and checked, but one didn't come up as a stock sized. So, we posted a message on their facebook page.

8. Your best bet is to check out a local trim shop and have them custom make what you are looking for. HRP

wbrw32 likes this.
  9. Do what HPR said above..Its kind of a no brainer

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I'll look into that tomorrow. I know a guy who owes us a favor

11. even the reproduction rubber mat is not available. With the shape of the floor and such, it's easy to make one.

12. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I'm surprised that it's soo hard to find parts for these. I thought they made a ton of Econolines from 61-67