Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where can I find a set of Chrome Reverse Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

Not having any luck at all finding a set of used wheels for my 56 Wagon, so where can I find a set of Chrome Reverse wheels? 15" 5 x 4 3/4.......

2. atomickustom

atomickustom

Jeez, just about anywhere these days. Summit Racing even sells them. Try looking through the HAMB vendors - someone on here makes wheels and gets good reviews.

3. atomickustom

atomickustom

That's the one I was thinking of! Keep hearing good things.

4. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I thought there was a run on these seeing this thread. I need to get a set out I have had for three years.

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

6. Wheel Vintiques

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The tire store you deal with on a regular basis may not have them out on display but they can get them or may have a set in the back room. You might even be able to cut a deal on a set of those "old oblsolete wheels" out of the back room.

I'd check with the alliance vendors first though.
    I think the tire store I deal with probably orders the wheels from one or another of the alliance vendors as I have seen their catalogs in the catalog rack.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

WheelKid made these for me from Original Centers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. manyolcars

manyolcars

No one offers chrome reverse. You are forced to buy 'smoothies'.

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

11. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Summit carries Wheel Vintiques . They are called style OE-64. Those are the chrome steelies, not smoothies.

The usually stock the normal sizes in ford, and chevy patterns.

12. Kerry67

Kerry67

Not finding them on Summit's website

13. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

15x6 OE64 Part# 64563404 $119. in stock.
    15x7 OE64 Part# 645734044 $119. in stock

In the Akron store....

:D

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

Thanks, just wish I could find someplace in the Phoenix area that has some local. Have not had any luck hitting a couple tire stores.

15. missysdad1

missysdad1

Wheelkid at Rally America (www.rallyamerica.com) is the contact. He will make pretty much whatever you need and prices are very competitive.

You don't need to find something "close" in a catalog, call Wheelkid and just order them. Custom built, competitive prices, quick turn-around and delivered to your door.

What more can you ask!

Oh...and they give a HAMB Alliance member discount.

Do it the easy way...give 'em a call!

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

He is over $35 more per wheel than Summit for a chrome OEM wheel.

17. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Join the alliance and get a discount.....Good aint cheap and cheap aint good

18. missysdad1

missysdad1

Couldn't have said it better my own self! :)

19. Kerry67

Kerry67

I understand that. But, even with the discount still a bit more. Still hoping someone with jump out with a used set they are looking to get rid of.

20. studewoody

studewoody

just got my new set from summit[wheel vintiques]..was probably 1`00 to 130 dollars cheaper through summit than wheel vintiques..and they are beautiful

21. I have a set I'm almost positive are 5 x 4 3/4", I'll get some pics. They are real nice, just need cleaned up. I'll let them go cheap.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  22. Kerry67

Kerry67

Awesome. Let me know....

23. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hey man, I don't think you had bad intentions, but trolling for used wheels this way is in bad taste. If you're looking for used wheels, start a Wanted ad in the classifieds. If you're looking for a vendor, you got several to choose from, but I always try to do business with any company giving a Hamb Alliance discount.

And frankly, I would rather support an American small business and get a quality product than do business with a faceless corporation that sells cheap Chinese shit. If you want to be a cheapass, spend 50 bucks on the Alliance and get the discounts.

I have bought two sets of wheels from Gary and Jimmy McLean (aka wheelkid) at Rally America and am very happy with them. I'd rather they have my business than Summit even if it costs me more. Your priorities may be different than mine.

24. Kerry67

Kerry67

Well, First off I wasn't "Trolling". I asked about where to find certain wheels and other users responded and told me some places. Other users even Pm'd me and warned me about certain places. I checked out the places that were recommended to me.

Second, I did start a post in the wanted section of the classifieds, I simply stated in this thread that I would still like to take a decent set of used rims off someones hands than to buy new (although I will buy new if I cannot find a decent set of used, which is why I started the thread to begin with). Every dollar saved comes in handy elsewhere.....

Third, I would buy from an Alliance Vendor no problem but when they are $150 more expensive, not including shipping, it does not make much sense to me. Especially when I have had my hours cut at work and am on a more limited budget than I would like to have.

And last, The wheels I am looking at with Summit are Wheel Vintiques, not some Faceless Chinese Crap.....

Thanks for your opinion though......