Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where are they?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LIFESTYLZ, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Been a few posters unsighted for a while now.
    Is this the "get out and drive" season in the USA?
    Less time for the forum.

eg .. Bad Bob. Where are you and your lovely Merc? :)

2. Didn't Bob say in some thread a little while back he was leaving the HAMB or something?

3. Phil1934

Phil1934

Blowup over risque pics. Last on HAMB 7/7

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I can sense the fickle finger of closing this thread fate heading this way.

6. Get out and drive? Lets see, killer coverage of a multi thousand mile road trip from Denise. Malcoms coverage of his trip to the salt and HAMB Drags, Nosurfs, Salt road trip. Several HAMBers showing Goodguys and Nats coverage. Some cruising coverage................what fuckin more do you want?:rolleyes:

7. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

HMMMMM....Do I have to make a three or four page spread with pictures, post it here on the HAMB, everytime I take the HellRaiser out, just to go and get a pack of smokes?

If that's what folks want, let me know if I need to include pictures of the quick shop I buy them at too..:(

I don't need to make a big deal of posting every where I went, or what I did to express my enjoyment of getting out on the road.

Simple solution...take to the back roads, you might see me out there.

HellRaiser

8. Well, you guys missed his point now didn't you?
    He was asking about regular contributors that haven't posted in a while not about what others have been posting. The fact that he used BadBob as an example shows that he needs to pay a little more attention but his point was not about other content.

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

im so fuckin sick of hearing about fucking bad bob... you'd think he was sonny Jesus come to save the hot rod and custom world...

would one of the mods, please give this thread the attention it needs and delete it

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

good fiddy, nice fiddy. calm down...here's a cookie...there's a good boy...:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Yabba Dabba Doo!!!

12. lmfao

13. Now now mate.. Why the abuse?
    I asked a simple question from a guy on the other side of the world.
    Why do you have a problem with that?

14. Thanks for that.
    I really don'y have time to READ every thread though..

Is it a RULE to do a search of the site before posting anything on here..
    Man, would that slow things down a bit.. :eek::rolleyes:

15. No, it's just common courtesy to not tie up band width by having things repeated over & over. Not to mention wasting everyone else's time looking at redundant posts.

16. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually, he didn't. Every name Tman gave as an example are regular contributors.

17. So easy to twist a simple question into a drama aye.

But why?

18. Things a bit quiet on your usual forum Lifestylz? Or are they paying too much attention to Mavericks? :D

19. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

There shouldn't be drama.

The simple truth is that Bad Bob left that HAMB because he got upset over some sort of mixup with some photos he was hosting here - or something. I honestly did not keep up on the whole thing.

He left on his own accord and... well I just don't understand the drama associated with it and I really don't care to. So if you want to know what Bob is doing then I guess just go check it out on Myspace?

Now, I think all of us moderators (yeah, even the real mean ones :) ) understand you were just asking a question and happened to use Bob as an example. And I THINK Tman was just reacting to the Bob schism and letting you know that there has in fact been all sorts of event coverage from all sorts of people - it never stopped.

20. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

haha, Gidday Bassman, yeah my computer was 'smoking'...........
    'Go the Mavericks'............:D

21. im still here just reading and lurking!! and fiddy STOP sending me PMs man , im not sending you any pics with my pants off!!

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Out side of BB for a lot of the guys here in the states and Canada it is get on the road and go time. Bonneville, Hot August Nights, Louisville, Several Goodguys events in a row that a lot of guys tend to trek between or tie into a Bonneville trip. Add to that non rodding oriented family vacations and a lot of folks are gone for the month.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

23. Thanks Mr48chev.
    That was a good simple explanation.
    I'm a bit bemused by those wanting this thread removed.. :confused::confused:

24. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

um. . . yea, sure thing? :confused:

25. Look at what the OP said. Obviously he wasn't talking about the ones Tman listed, but in his mind others that he felt weren't posting as much. The fact that he used Bob after he decided to leave the HAMB was unfortunate as it got Fiddy's panty's in a wad, but I'll stand by my comment. That said I think Lifestylz needs to search and or view the board more.

26. I am on here often enough I feel.
    I use the search on here many times over the course of a week.
    I use it to find CAR RELATED info as this is a hot rod site.
    It never crossed my mind that I would NEED to do a search first before I asked the question I did.. That makes no sense at all to me. I think the bad bob thing has riled people here and I end up the meat in the sandwich. Something to chew over aye.. :rolleyes:

27. Well, if you are here so often then why did you ask about posters that are "Unsighted" and not mention who you meant (other then the now controversial Bad Bob) and in that case T Man was right on and your original post made no sense. Maybe if you said who you thought wasn't posting we would have had a clue as to what you meant. And maybe a post of those mysterious missing posters would find your answers .....

28. I know people come and go on any forum.
    But when regular posters haven't posted for a while is no-one interested in why?
    The comment about being here so often. There are around 350+ threads turned over here every day. How many HAMB members read them all? Obviously there are a lot of threads that most don't go into. Sorry if I can't spend 24/7 on here to take in ALL the posts, but I have other things to do as well. Have a nice day.. :)

29. Again, why don't you tell us who you think is missing?

30. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

they weren't... but they are now...