Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Where are the Original first 500 HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Aug 29, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

First HAMB Drags was 2003 and the Vultures crew all in white with their black belts were there that year. BEST year in my opinion.

The reason I remember it so clearly as it was the first year I went to B'ville in Big Olds and went straight from Speed Week to the HAMB Drags. Lots of folks from the Salt there that year including Sam and the RR and Eyeball with his roadster I believe.

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

That was my favorite year as well. Good times.

3. random old files dug from an old computer....
    Note: at the time I thought these were cool.....and still do.

[​IMG]

Sam, almost due for a 10 year aniversary rebuild:).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    great photo by Rick Amado

thanks sixappeal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still miss his passion...

[​IMG]

I realise that this was not early 500, but should trigger memories, funny in hindsight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

early & rough photoshop by Spank/Harlen.....the Harlen Hammer.
    [​IMG]

4. BJR

BJR

I can't get it to work, does it work the same on a Mac? Can anybody tell me what my number is. (I know it's not even close to the first 500)

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yes it works on a Mac. 5372

6. #24 Hotrodjosh

#34 continentaljohn

Didn't Bobbleed chop his shoebox as well and finished the Roadster?

I went to the second Lone Star Round up the second Hunnert Car Pile Up as well as 1st Gararge sales... at Marty and Sons Autobody

Went to a couple of thrashes "numnutz chassis build and Ruttencutter engine swap".

I always wanted to go to thrashes before those because they looked like fun and gave me a chance to put faces to the other HAMBr's names.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  7. BJR

BJR

Thanks Zman, still can't make it work though.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

which browser? if Safari go up under view and choose "show status bar"

9. If you just click on your name to go to your profile page, read the number at the end of the web addy. That should be your number.

10. still here #112

11. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

wow those old pics bring back memories

12. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

cool posting to find number lol

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

this is a neat thread. good opportunity to see some pics of the old crew. very cool.

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Ugly as it was, I pretty much built El Mosquito, Mike helped and did a lot of watching, he put a 34 (?) Pontiac sedan body on it with in back windows. Mike's still in Orlando, he had many screen names, they changed often, he's into stand up paddle boarding at the moment, we haven't spoken in two years.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Shut your pie hole. :) I've been hearing the ole "I miss the old HAMB" crap since 2001. If you were actually around then, you would know that the HAMB today is much more on topic than it ever has been. You used to have to trudge through drama and bullshit just to read the good stuff.

That guy had an anti-Ryan website for awhile I heard.

My favorite build of all time is prolly Rolf's... Bass has a couple that really get me going to.

My two proudest moments:

1. When I first realized how much you guys did for HAMBandy. His tombstone brings tears to my eyes today.

2. When you guys let me quit my day job and do what I love for a living. I still pinch myself.

16. so okay i was wondering who started it all? i was under the impression that you started the hamb, ryan. but youre number 3. Did you start it or did someone else?

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I did a build up of the Packford on the HAMB, I wonder if I can find it?
    I took shitty pics on a disposable camera, waited to get the pics developed, scan 'em and then post 'em, it took hours. The beast is still running strong, looks shitty as ever though.

18. bct

bct

ryanc is #1 and donotdelete is #2

19. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Hey Nads, Do you remmemeber posting about building the exhaust out of electrical conduit
    and getting sick from inhaling the fumes? Good to see there are no harmful long term effects from that! Gordon #233

20. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

lol, that's the spirit! :)

When I found the HAMB in 2001 I was looking for ideas for a '50's/'60's "push truck" theme. But trucks weren't discussed at the time, so I just lurked until '04.

Thanks for putting your heart and soul into this place. I renewed my alliance membership a couple weeks ago, so you'll be punching me a new tag soon.

21. Trucks came up quite often. Are you forgetting Marcus' Jimmilac!?!?!?!?!?!:):rolleyes:

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm pretty messed up in the head but I don't think it was welding zinc coated steel that made me that way.

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You're not wrong, smoothies came around later.

24. The thing about the early days is that there were less folks around. It was a tighter community. Feels like I know a lot less folks today than then just because the group has grown so much. Regardless it was great then and it's great now. The good ol' days are right now.

25. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I must have. I'll blame it on C.R.S. :)

26. donnie

donnie
    from NC

Ok who is the hell is donotdelete? I have read quite of few of his posts and they seemed like most of them had lots of good info.

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

donotdelete is Ryan too.

28. Kerry,

I tryed your link to your build and it did not work. I did find some pictures on the site! I was looking to see if you had any cockpit or rear mounting pics?

I must compliment you on your build, Brian at King does great work and he did a nice job on his Dragmaster Mark IV build but your build is a great blend of updating the cage to blend in with original design! Very nice work!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Great 4th. And again your build was pretty rockin :)
    <!-- / message -->

29. Hmmm, I used to be under the name "Vangogo". That was in 2001, maybe I was #666?

30. Koops

Koops

I was, am? #229, "229 Koops".