Register now to get rid of these ads!

When you seen it all yard find the bettie 32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead terry, Sep 6, 2011.

1. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Wow, what a trade! I'm still in aww that the 32s are still out there and getting scooped up by the right people!! Hope to see updates on the new project.

2. 28RPU6

28RPU6

Here are a few pictures i snapped with my cell phone while Terry was doing the deal. Two of them are pictures of their pics from 1988 when Robert wrecked it over a cliff. The car is a lot cleaner than the pics show. doors and door sill are perfect, quarters need just a little love along with a cowl and door patch to fix up the lower portion.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. billylo

billylo

It must've been the bull horns that made up his mind. Bull horns on the front of your ride in east texas means you're a bad ass...lol

4. Un-friggin-believable.

5. Unreal deal - the kind of story you tell folks and they don't believe you and think you're full of it! Looking forward to the build!

6. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Great find!
    Initially I thought this was my old 32 nicknamed "The Phantom" that I had in late 60's central Texas. I gave it to a buddy who later died, and I never saw it again.

7. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

lolololololol!!!!

8. Earley

Earley
    from NYC

Awesome deal!

Make's me want to go around and try and trade people stuff.

9. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man I swear one my first born child this is true! Man I have plans for this one but I need to finish my 3 window coupe first then the 5 window which might be real hard. But with all the play by play photos from the D.A.D. 5 window. This one is gonna be fun Billylo and Rpu 28 6 are gonna get tired of me asking questions !!But Ol Billylo is gonna get some extra help where one of his collection can go to the LSR !!Heres my ol chevy !

Attached Files:

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

Congratulations !,... Great Hit !
    ( Oh yeah,... And I kind of hate you just a little,.. but in a good way)

11. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Dont be hatin !Man I guess it was my turn. I just want to do the car right and back to the time when it was build the late 70's not all of them were resto rods some were HOT RODS !!

12. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

note to self... When dealing with old guys that do not want to sell their old car, drive up in a "tradeable" old running truck that has a little edge.

13. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Rule 2 as with a women talk to them about there intrest first then start negotions that you will pay for later !! No it was the luck of the Irish as with a women some times you get lucky and sometimes you get told no !!

14. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

I like the International,you should hurry up and see if he'll trade back.

...NOT! I'D LOVE TO MAKE A SCORE LIKE THAT! You've gotta be pinchin' yourself every five minutes. I know I would be!

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm a deuce whore...I'd sell the chevy coupe and build the 5w...

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

x2,....

17. slepe67

slepe67

wow! Welcome to the Back From the Dead '32 Club! I'm lazy, check my profile for the link!

Congrats man, you scored BIGTIME! I actually like the dash! Column, not so much, but all in all, you made out like a bandit!

18. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Guys I love the old chevy maybe put on the back burner and work on the duece for a little bit :D

19. billylo

billylo

I sold Terry the deuce frame under his Chevy coupe and he put a Deuce gas tank under it.......I think Terry was a Goldchainer hiding in the closet!!!! He finally broke out and is ready to be hated like the rest of us.......:D

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd just remove the Chevy body from the Deuce chassis and install the 5Window body and have a done car. Thanks for the Cornbinder photo, what a deal!:eek:

21. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Man this is exactly what I've been thinking! Sell the Chev body and put your money into the Deuce. I can't tell how much you had to modify your Deuce frame for the Chev body, but if you can do it, you'll have a running and driving Deuce in no time!!!? Anyway Congrats again on a killer score!

-Aaron

22. Raunchy

Raunchy

Terry if you molest that Chevy, I will come back down there and cut your balls off. Keep the 32 with the parts it came with.

23. 28RPU6

28RPU6

I hope yours and Billy's gold chains don't turn your necks too green. Just kidding, you know that I am just jealous and I want a mr. T starter kit of my own.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  24. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

oNO you cant find my balls they are covered in gold chains No I already have another chassis and that 347 7 5 SPEED FROM THE STANG and a 58 9'' 4 '''dropped super bell and the drum brakes that were on it . man we miss your smilling face !!I am also keeping to 58 impala taillights .come see us

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  25. Rusty

Rusty

Awesome story!!!!! Glad you scored and what a way to get it!!!

26. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Thanks Rusty I needed something to put those wide 5 wheels on! Man I have not sleept good since it came home thinking about where to start. I ordered the top wood and windshield frame today.I was looking on flea bay at some cast window trim and I need to decide what dash put in it and I ordered some of the patches !!

27. kisam

kisam

Wow! What a find Terry! So happy for you and your new obsession.;)

28. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Thanks it's Not Tuffy But It's tuff enough No How tuff can a car be named the Bettie 32. I have missed your skinned knuckels and humor. I am starting to feel an attachment to 32's I always loved yours because it's not a cookie cutter ! and the reason for the girlie named duece, the community to small to be a town where we found it was Bettie Texas ! still thinking I am gonna wake up !!

29. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Dad and Bettie need to go on a date.
    You Lucky Bastard.
    Don't sell that Hemi chevy Coupe.
    You Lucky Bastard.
    I am gonna follow you like a bad Smell.
    You Lucky Bastard.

Great ,no.... FANTASTIC Score Terry.
    You Lucky Bastard.

30. hotrd32