Register now to get rid of these ads!

When you meet a HAMB'r in public (question)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goozgaz, Jun 16, 2006.

1. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

ditto except for the beer, that because after a few you would not want to know me.

2. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Hey man it was good meeting you last night. I know your HAMB name is Derek Mitchell but what's your real name??

Is man love ever really unwanted?

3. Try writing large letters on a tablet (HAMB ?) and flashing it at the fella next to you in the truck/trailer hauling parts while going 70 miles an hour on the Loop around Atlanta... This is how I met BenD.... Or drop in on Tman, he'll take you to a Chinese Lunch... Skipstitch will let ya crash on his floor, and feed ya breakfast too...

4. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Glad I don't have to have "Nads" tattooed on my lip :rolleyes:

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I don't like bothering people so I never introduce myself. Even if I know the person is a Hamber. Probably bought and sold plenty of parts at swaps to/from Hambers and not even known it. HAHAHAHAHA.

6. Maintain eye contact, smile big to let them see the length of your canine teeth and remember that fully one half of the population of HAMBers is naturally attracted to bright shiney objects and are identified by twitchy, sudden and furtive movements.
    The remaining population segment is naturally attracted to greasy, rusting, dark and grimey objects and are identified by twitchy, sudden and furtive movements.

Most annoying when in full rut.

Cold beer is okay but PLEASE, no conversation.

7. A pat on the bum is DEFINITELY not the way to greet a downunder Hamber! It'll get ya a kick in the goolies at the very least! LOL!
    I've met six kiwi Hambers, we just shake hands, mumble a bit, stare into space and wait for 55olds88 to break out the reeb eerf.......

8. du$ty

du$ty

yo' dawg...just come correct.forizzle.

9. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

To add a lil HETROsexuality back into this thread...........uh THANX! I think.:D

I never have a problem meeting new HAMB'rs in public. Usually I can figure out who's who by the way they GUSH about their car. From there I normally say "And just who the hell are you?? Bad Bob?", or there's the usual bowing. That's pretty funny too.:D

10. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

i don't talk to people at shows i don't look rockabilly or old and i never take my own car just the wifes daily so, i get ignored or worse treaded like a wantabe. So i stay at home and build/drive my stuff. Or they know who my old man is/was and they want to buy his stuff like i don't know what it is! any ways i might show up at a show,but few of you will ever know.

11. I wanna name tag!

..and a lil helmet cause I'm special.

12. So...tell me what you really think?I enjoyed meeting you at Paso,especially the "fuck off,see you later",goodbye thing.Bad Bob

13. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Hahaha. Eeeeps!:D YES I AM CHARMING!! Last guy I dated, his mother actually let me up on the furniture..........til I started draggin my ass across her carpet.:rolleyes:

Hahahaha I love the shock factor when I meet HAMB'rs.:D

14. Hey,gooz,did I scare you.I hadn't met you so I thought I would introduce myself.Still jeolouse of your T-shirts.Trying to get one from Ryan.

15. RATCAMINO

RATCAMINO

will somone explain what mike wrote almost looks like old school cnc code lol

16. At a run tomorrow am. Don't think I'll try the bum thing, I like my teeth.

17. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

what?? i was trying to entertain everyone. i miseed my calling and American Idol says i'm to old. :( oh well.

it's weird i forget peoples names right away but usernames i remember. i'm horrible with names but i don't forget a face.

18. anonimity is our secret weapon ...
    until someone is CAUGHT screwin with my woman or my car
    they may not need to know why I hate them.... YET
    so HAMB secret handshake is none
    A WINK OR "COOL RIDE "is all thats needed....
    we can yell/bitch and hug online 24/7

19. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I met a lot of HAMBers at the Grand National show at Pomona last year. The intros between HAMBers wasn't near as cumbersome as the guy working one of the vendor tents outside...he saw me wearing a HAMB shirt and gave me some shit about being one of "those" guys. I took it as a compliment and thanked him...jerks seldom know how to react to an unexpected reaction!

20. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Happened to me today.

I saw a guy at a swap meet carrying a part I was curious about. He mentioned something about the HAMB and before long we had exchanged both HAMB names and first names.

As we continued to talk we discovered we both once belonged to another board and are acquainted with a few of the same people.

No secret signs, just English.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER

Well I haven't met any HAMBers yet but will take a lil credit for "converting" a few. Seems I already know Fathack from the glory days of Det Dragway. I'm certain that I know some others. Mostly I refer to the sticker on my buddy's dash that reads "FUCK YOU...I have enough friends."

Ok now that I got that outta my system...I kinda agree with paperdog. But please, skip the hugs.

22. wait.............your supposed to say something ? i usually just hang in the back until someone tells me to leave.

23. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Can't we just sniff asses like dogs do???

24. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Sounds to me the vendor gut is an disgruntled ex~ Hamber.............. :eek:

25. Hopefully The Next Trend Won't Be
    " Cool You Hambed Your Car" ...
    Like Pimped ... Foosed .. Tricked Out
    Or As My Father Used To Say
    "why Did You Wreck A Perfectly Good Car"
    I Know Gettin To Meet Fellow Hambers Will Be A Good Thing Its All The Nervousness And Being Shy/ Insecure That A I Have To Overcome ..
    Now Get The Fuck Away...ooops Did I Say That... I Mean Cool Car

Paperdog

26. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

LMAO Hack !

Brings tears to my eyes.

Cob
    Forum Moderator

27. xadamx

xadamx

XXX Straightedge XXX, yeah!

28. Phule

Phule

I always forget.. who gets to sniff first.. the person with the most posts or the older join date?

29. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Hell, just start sniffin, and if he or she sniffs back you're good.

If not, pick up your teeth and move on...

30. Slonaker

Slonaker

Oh, was that you in the assless leather chaps? :eek: :D

Slonaker