Register now to get rid of these ads!

When you meet a HAMB'r in public (question)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goozgaz, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

What’s proper etiquette when meeting another HAMBr in public?

When introducing yourself should you use your real name or your HAMB name?

If you are at an event and you see someone wearing a HAMB shirt do you assume they would like to meet you? Do you walk up and introduce yourself?

I travel a lot for work, so when I fly into a random city should I PM every HAMBr in that town and expect to sit and have a cold one?

These are the questions that clutter my broom closet of a mind.

2. hsheartaches

hsheartaches

I'd start w/ a "hello, my name is (insert your name here)...(HAMB name) on the HAMB. Wanna grab a beer?!"

3. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I run up behind them and do the secret HAMB handshake before they know what's hit em. Don't know the handshake? Come to cincy and find out...

4. Ditto....well, apart from the beer....sometimes!!

5. Muttley

Muttley

That works good.......you can keep the beer though.

6. KCsledz

KCsledz

Well you have to know what is appropriate for the region. A GMB pat on the ass might not be the best ettiquite for, lets say, the boys down under. It might get ya a punch in the neck or kick in the junk!

Its really up to you. You just have to feel it out!:eek:

7. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

LOL -- had to learn this thing the other day when I met up with some local Kansas City HAMB guys for the first time. I looked around, didn't know who I was looking for so I grabbed my BBQ (Rosedale BBQ . . . hadn't been there yet . . . KC is known for fine BBQ) and sat down. Being the ID10T that I am . . . I had left without grabbing Raven61's cell number. I looked around for a bit and then sat down. Luckily I had the HAMB site pulled up at home so I had my son grab my message for the number . . . I was in main part of restaurant and not the "room". Great bunch of guys -- looking forward to meeting and hanging out more and talking shop. I think we need an emergency "HAMB / (my screenname here)" label that you can print for just such occasions.

8. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

I take off my shirt and go skin on skin hug.

9. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I'd try that but I have real pointy nipples.

10. long island vic

long island vic

I Usally Ask If There On The Hamb, If They Look At Me With A Daaaaaa Look I Tell Them Odusvally Not And Give Them The Link,,if They Say Yes I Use My Screen Name Then We Go Too The Parking Lot And Steel Hubcaps

11. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Here is the OFFICIAL unofficial tag

Attached Files:

12. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

We should have a HAMB hand gesture, like gang signs. What about the ASL letter "H"?

I introduce myself with my name, and my screenname. Then I usually absorb a torrent of abuse about the stupidity of my questions and the pathetic attempts at humor.

As far as skin on skin hugs, I reserve those for HLC or Brandy....

Tucker

13. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I just stare at them until they are unconfortable and walk away

14. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

usually when i'm at a show it is somebody else who knows me telling a HAMBer they just met "thats Kustombuilder over there". to which i usualy look behind me and act all confused like "WHERE??"

it's gotten to where i know so many people (from the HAMB and elsewhere) that it takes me about a week to see 100 cars at a car show cause i'm socializing all the time. if you see me at a show and i'm pretending i don't see you don't take it personal. i'm prolly just trying to see some cars :D...

15. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Yeah, being a rockstars has its drawbacks. :rolleyes::)

I am usually picked out of a crowd by my lampshade.

Some know me just from the shape of my ass...

16. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Thats cool bro. I have sandollar national geographic nipples. It will accommodate yours.

17. 53burb

53burb

I usually wear my HAMB tag that Dan made up for all of us for the annual BBQ that lowsprings {Dante} puts on. They see that and stay clear away until they all find out that it is my soon to be wife, PirateVixenClothing, is behind the making of the famous Mexican hotdogs then they all turn back to rub elbows with me to try and get the top secret recipe! KNUX!

18. Function Meet(hamber) ;

If Owe_money(hamber) >> 0 Then Do ;
    Eyes.avert ;
    Rewind ;
    Run ;
    Endif;
    Else Do ;
    Do Until Blotto = 1 ;
    Drink.pbr ;
    Blotto ++ 0.03 ;
    End ;
    Parts.borrow ;
    Owe_money(hamber) = Parts.value ;
    End ;
    Return ;

19. I'll wear safety glasses if we ever meet...:rolleyes:

20. hahaha...what's worse is that I get it :eek:

Bryan

21. MotorBike Mike

MotorBike Mike

I think there should be some kinda identifying tattoo haha we should all have so at shows and swaps and what not so we can meet up and talk shop and have a beer, Cause as many so cal hambers as there are I've only met two...and that's the guy who turned me onto this site we all call home...and trampking who I would have met anyway cause he's known my club for years

Mike

22. You know, I've been on a tear lately about about screen names and e-mail address etc.
    A friend of mine had mentioned my lack of creativity when it comes to the name I use in inter-web forums.
    It all stems from asking someone their e-mail once and they said, "Oh! Just mail it to [email protected]!"
    Uh...I think I'll pass.

23. I go pogo

I go pogo

Every time I try giving a hand sign to someone He gits out of his car and tries to kick my ass!:eek:

24. FWilliams

FWilliams

I piss on the ground in front of them, thus marking my territory,

25. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

is there an "atomic wedgie" option?

26. hsheartaches

hsheartaches

Let's get the HAMB shift pattern on our forehead, and our screen name tattooed on the inside of our bottom lip. That'll catch on...I just know it!! :)

27. Wait a minute!
    Deyomatic was the first HAMB'er I met & he immediatly pants'd me.
    I thought THAT was the norm!
    Boy is my face red....
    :D

28. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Yeah, thats not the best idea for Cali, but whatever works in your region.

As for the pointy nipples Gooz, glad you turned off the radio before Dantes singing led to some unwanted man love then. :cool:

29. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Tattoo's are gay, and not in the Michigan way... :D

Tittie Twisters are the "official" meeting ritual, or at least that's what I was told at VLV years ago... Oh wait that was Aaron, must have been he just liked mine...

30. Big-Olaf

Big-Olaf
    BANNED

I vote for a decoder ring.... Especially if we can get some of those that make the whizzing spound when you blow into them.... I have always wanted one of those...... That way when you are at a swap somewhere, and you are a few bucks short on those cool strombergs.... You can blow the whizzer, and all of your HAMB bro's will come running to your aid..... (At which time the one with the most money in his pocket will buy them out from under you and put them on the car that he drives past your house almost daily just to taunt you)......:D