Register now to get rid of these ads!

History When was the first time you saw a Pines Winterfont on a Deuce?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payne, Jul 21, 2010.

1. turdytoo

turdytoo

I second that.

2. Bull

Bull

I know the one you're talking about. It belongs to Real32. Really nice guy. I talked to him for quite awhile at a local show here in MN.
    [​IMG]

3. krooser

krooser

Maybe 1952... there were still a lot of pre-war daily drivers around since there still were materials shortages from WWII and the Korean war. Those Pines were used a lot as was cardboard or canvas.

4. I spoke with the owner of the B400, We talked about how he converted his Bee Hive filter so it would hold a full flow filter. He has a full flow setup on that 21 stud in the car. I got his name and # as I plan on doing the same thing.
    A beautiful car,He drove it to Victoria from Sparks Nev. Lots of dust on the under carrage. One of the nicest drivers I have ever seen.

5. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Are they finned? or do they just have "balancing" springs around them?? I think thats what they are called:confused:
    Its like a thin screen door spring that clips around the drum.

6. alchemy

alchemy

Mr. Clem? If so, he's gots lots of rare old Ford and hot rod parts.

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Oh ya...my first Pines sighting is still hanging on the wall in a friends fathers barn right up the street...I saw it about twenty years ago

8. i'm going to go out on a limb here.... but weren't those grills a "utility" item to be used in cold climates back when the cars were new or at least current? comparable, maybe, to mud flaps and tire chains? prabably only a very small percentage of cars had them even back in the day. going further out on that limb now....but maybe the reason they have gotten popular is because they are (were) unique and not many people had seen them?

9. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

Today jack! I have seen "shutters" on other grilles, but not on a deuce! pretty neat!

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I live in Michigan and would love to find something like this to fill my A radiator grill shell, adapt it or scratch build it..would be sweet for them cold ass days we get up here

11. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I saw a few in magazines and had no idea what they were at first. I think they look cool, but DAMN.... the prices on those things are crazy. I can't believe someone hasn't made a repop.

What does this one fit? I'd love to know.

Kevin

Attached Files:

12. They never would've been used in southern California or Florida, let alone on an open car with a 25 louver hood like Gommi's roadster.

Send them back up north where they belong.

13. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

North ,and to the east a bit please!!:D

14. Good point, I've often wondered why you would have ran both a Pines Winterfront, designed to help build heat in the engine with a 25 louver hood, designed to help cool the engine, if it was your daily driver in a warmer climate. However, it makes sense to run both if you lived in an area that had all four season (i.e. cold in the winter, hot in the summer) or in an arid/desert climate where the temperature swings are extreme.

Thanks everyone for all the stories, keep them coming, they're great to read.

15. Ramblur

Ramblur

Not a deuce but my 30 Essex came that way. Super Six,no water pump,
    no thermostat,just the shutters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]