Register now to get rid of these ads!

When traveling or roadtripping, what grabs your attention and makes you stop? pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bone Daddy, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

When on a hotrod road trips w/ my buddies we all look for different things that make us hit the brakes; turn around and stop and check it out?
    One of our most memorable roadtrips is when we stopped to check out a 30' Model A pickup sitting under a weathered barn and end up eating dinner w/ the old farmer and his wife talking about the old days. He told about racing on back country roads, homemade dirt circle tracks, and life in general. For a moment it looked, felt, and smelled like I was sitting at my grandparents kitchen table as a kid a long long time ago.
    So what is it? Old gas stations, vintage diners, abandon tin, round barns, scenic two lane roads, etc... Let's see those pictures and hear some great stories of today and yesterday...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

A large sign indicating "CLEAN RESTROOMS"...........:D

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

No cool road trip stories, but of all the places I've been, this may be about the most impressive thing I've ever seen.
    aprilmayjune2008 001.jpg
    aprilmayjune2008 003.jpg

4. I used to stop for lady hitchhikers. :)

5. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I enjoy visiting small town historical museums. There's always some interesting on display. The guide is usually a local who is out-going and eager to tell you whatever you want to know about the artifacts. There's a great little museum in Galena, KS, not far from Joplin. Right on Rt. 66. Check it out sometime.

6. Naked Chicks will usually do it. As long as they aren't too big.

7. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Me too hotroddon its been awhile since I have seen any I might add
    Clean restrooms to take hitchhikers

8. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Here's a 48' Ford pickup dragster/Gasser that was about to be crushed in Kansas and saved from an untimely death. The homemade grill used to be chrome. The salvage yard only wanted the motor. It was fate that I happen to just see it out of the corner of my eye. Don't know anything more about it. Joe www.powerandnoise.com

Attached Files:

9. sensor

sensor

this severely squashed 30 made me stop and grab the camera(car was in san diego if anyone knows whos it is)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  10. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

ALL OF THESE! Epecially when travelling alone. Because you can stop,and not have to worry about whether anyone else wants to or not!

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

when taking back roads i always take the option of going through small towns vs bypassing them, lots of interesting stuff off of the map

12. roddinron

roddinron

Clearance sale sign at the dollar store------times are tough.

13. rixrex

rixrex

Old cars not covered with "No Trespassing" signs...accessable trout streams..places to eat that don't appear to have a corporate "theme"..produce stands..I'm easy..