Register now to get rid of these ads!

When is it truly over???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat Hack, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Over?
    I'LL say when its over...and as long as I can buy a box of bolts or a roll of .030...it ain't over.
    I'm the BOSS...not time, style or fashion.

Don't start with that sombre, "world against me" shit again Hack...it just brings you farther down.

2. seatex

seatex

C'mon, Moon, haven't you ever heard of a little Gem of a movie called "Animal House?
    There's another analogy here too. Hack, stop acting like Dean Wormer and a little more like Blutarski, so you had "the one"?
    There is another "one", trust me.
    We all have regrets, but all it takes is just the right profile, exhaust note, smell, and you're back.
    NEVER give up, Never!

3. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Naw, it ain't nuthin' like that...it's not a matter of feeling "beaten" or anything...I'm actually in a pretty positive frame of mind overall...it just sorta bothers me that I can't see the point in going for something less than what I'd been seeking, and wondered if anyone else had come to a similar fork in the road...and what they did to overcome it???

From what I've seen folks on here post up...some real Top Shelf rides or just accomplished Dreams...how the Hell do you ever TOP some of that stuff???

(What is 3WLarry doing these days?!? :D)

THAT kind of thing...you know???

I guess, if you're still searching for something, then you got that going for ya...but what does a dog do once he actually CATHES his tail?!? :eek:

4. krooser

krooser

When THIS is your only hot rod you know it's over...
    [​IMG]
    2008 Goremobile "Global Warming Edition"

5. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Cut the pchyco-billy-self-analytical shit out, it's bad for you. And it'll give you a headache!

If you're bored, help out a young HAMBer get his or her 1st rod up & going. Fix up a few "daily-driver" kinda cars & donate them to Purple Heart.

WTF? We are rodders, we're NEVER done! Never organized... Never normal... Never give up!

6. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

He's on a roll, let him go...

7. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Ha Ha...ya know, Krooser...if that dude added just ONE more set of reigns, he could DOUBLE his horsepower...and if he popped the rear window glass out to cut the "parachute" effect of that body...he might have something there!!!

:D

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I felt the same when I sold my Dragmaster....I had crazy shit going through my head and after a while I am good because it planted 32 palm trees in front of my house and I just drug another pile home.

9. Moonglow

Moonglow

OK already........:eek: :eek: :eek: Open mouth, insert foot.

Does this mean that Elvis is still alive afterall :D :D :D

10. Babyearl

Babyearl

Hey,, are we competing to see who builds the highest dollar most beautiful ride, or He who dies with the most toys, wins?

11. Do things REALLY make you happy,or is it just part of the journey ?
    How many miserable people have huge collections of "stuff" ?

Find a new Way.
    A better Way.
    MAKE a better Way.

---

Ask yourself: "What would Lil' john do ??"

Figure out what is the problem,and why.
    Then kick it's Ass.[​IMG]

12. Depends,if one of those bombs landed on you or not.:rolleyes:

13. Actually I did have an old hound catch his tail once. He just yipped and went on with life. Pretty funny though.I guess I haven't seen this car to end all cars yet. maybe you could enlighten me. Last I knew you were driveing an old beater Olds you bought off some one. Before that you couldn't figure out how to plumb brakes or hook up a throttle.It aint a competition, you just builds it and throws it out there.

14. drs50

drs50
    from Guthrie

I am 52 years old and have allways had a project going, oldest was 46 Ford Pickup when I was in High School. Then others between then and my current project a 82 Camaro. After it is finished I am thinking of doing a T bucket or a Track-T from Speedway. Wife likes the Track-T. But I plan on having some project going right up til they kick the dirt in hole on me as long as health permits.

15. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

cars are like women... theres so many different shapes sizes and styles, its never really done till youve done every type,and settle with your favorite.or lose the ability. theres low ones, fast ones,slow ones, ugly ones, tall ones, pretty ones,small ones,european ones, even asian ones(still havent done the latter) all different body types and colors, i want one of each....... and that goes for cars as well :D

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

or get a job;)

Hey, you left yourself WIDE open for that one:D

17. Babyearl

Babyearl

I heard that Willie Nelson said at his 75th birthday,, I've out lived my dick.

18. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

19. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

It ain't a money thing...you just gotta sorta have some target to shoot for I guess...it seems like some folks adopt a "Ready, Fire, Aim" type of philosophy when it comes to this stuff, and I've been down THAT road, too...

...just got to wondering if there isn't a better way? Or an alternate route?

The Eastpointe Gratiot Cruise last weekend was a blast...I was out there most of the day and had a great time, but I was more into just the fantastic weather and the overall vibe that the people were giving off than I was the cars. I mean, there was LOTS of fantastic machinery out there, for sure...and several that I considered damned near perfect, but for the first time since I can remember...I just didn't feel...I dunno...inspired. I have a few ideas, but nothing I'm truly excited about...THAT is what I'm driving at here...anyone getting this???

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

What event or thought process brought you to the point of basing your very existance on the persuit of anything automotive?
    Get some help.............................SERIOUSLY!!!

Frank

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Having a job/career is not just about money. It's about a way of life, one that includes health insurance, dental, 401K, retirement, setting personal goals, relationships, personal growth, etc. I feel forfilled because my life has balance, normalicy.

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

Nope... Sorry, I dont.

Finding the right car, trying to find out if its for sale, buying it, planning the build, building it, getting it on the road, modify it some more, etc...

Those are all such powerfull "high's" that they more than make up for the low points you get with every build.

If I didn't feel that way, I'd get out of it.

I'd go do something else.
    ( but I dont see that coming any time soon...)

23. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

THAT one is landing at Metro, my Man!! :D

Ha Ha...naw, I ain't saying I'm not happy, or LACKING anything in general...I have fun in different ways and love where I'm at...it just kind of startles me that all of a sudden, I just DON'T "base my very existence on the persuit of anything automotive"...that is an odd realization for me is all.

Shit, Frank...I think I just spelled it out...and damned if you didn't bring me right TO it, too! Will wonders ever cease?! ;):D:)

Ha Ha Ha...ain't that just a kick in the ass??? Here I was wondering what car folks do when they no longer find themselves chasing some automotive dream...and it just NOW hits me that I already know the answer!

They have FUN! :)

Case closed!

Thanks, Frank! :cool:

24. Put your Beer Money into equipment and cars ...

25. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Shit, I don't want a damn Ferrari!!!! :D

26. swazzie

swazzie

Oh Hack, I think at one time or the other alot of us have suffered the one that got away syndrome . The one i think about most was actually a 71 sport fury . Not the fastest one , not the coolest one , not even the one that I wanted most. Just a daily . But it played a greater role in my life collectively than all of the others. I still see them for sale . I even see identical ones , but I think the memories are the important part . That part of my life is past and although it killed me to see it go , i realized this one thing . . . I am better for having had that experience and love cars even more because of it . Even Chuck Yeager went back to the desert .....Keep on truckin Hack..

swaZZie

27. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

It isn't over until.....

[​IMG]

or you wind up like....

[​IMG]

Ya just keep on truckin...

28. The sickness is only bubbling under the surface, just waiting for the next time you stumble on a "I always wanted one of those" car.

You also have to finish "The One" to your own taste and completeness... possessing it doesn't count as making it yours.

29. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

It ain't over 'till the rage wears off on your avatar...and then you will be back to plain old David Banner.

30. FuelFC

FuelFC

Dammit Hack do I have to call Germ?

Germ will tell us all when it is over.

"Elvis is not dead he just went home"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.