Register now to get rid of these ads!

When is a enought time to send out a purchase from classified section ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ArtofHotRod, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

I recently had a Tranaction with another HAMBer. He sent payment to my PP account on 12/4 I think I told him that I would be traveling until end of week and would attempt to send out his goods then.

On 12/8 he inquired about the goods and I told him most likey Mon or Tuesday since it was the weekend. At that point he PM me and told me to cancel the sale and went to PP for a refund. Prior to his PM I then asked my wife to try to send out on 12/8 in which she did priority mail.

The package is in route for delivery today .. I am still with out my funds since PP has held it as a dispute even though I sent them all shipping info on 12/8

I guess getting his order i less than 6 days is not good enough even thought I payed the shipping

2. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Everybody wants it yesterday in today's world. Simple give PayPal the tracking info - if he doesn't refuse it on his end you will win the dispute. Look for it to take at least week to get there - today is the biggest shipping day of the year. I sent Uncle Bob a fruitcake last Monday, and it's just showing in his town today - and that was Priority mail only from WA to CA.

3. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

The package is out on the truck for delivery TODAY .....

4. Next time don't use paypal then he can post on here that you are not fast enough for him. :rolleyes:

I sometimes purchase from a fella that I call pants up in michigan. His screen name is something along the order of a pair of chinos and pretty much only him if he reads this will know that i am using him for an example.

Anyway long story short he never does anything in a timely fasion. I dont sweat it because it is just his nature to be slow. But I know going in that he is not going to get it right out the door and that I may have to remind him.

You told the guy up front that you were going to be out of town, you should havwe that corrospondence to use as a reminder to everyone that you told him up front that it was going out on a certain day. that should be good enough for everyone involved.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

your buyer is some sort of dimwit. hope you got delivery confirmation.

oh yeah, almost forgot, PAYPAL SUCKS

6. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

I never ever had a issue with PP .... I think he just waited a few days then pulled the trigger with PP to hold my $$$$$

Funny he kept asking me about the item for a few weeks before I decided to sell to him for best offer

7. Well I hope it works out for you.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

this is between you and seller but, should give Ryan a heads up on this deal.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd have to agree that the buyer sounds a bit impatient when you clearly stated that you were going to be gone for a few days. I guess you could have had the item boxed up and ready to label and ship so all your wife had to do was fill out the info and drop it off at what ever shipper it was going with but that doesn't satisfy some people.

One thing to remember is that there are a hell of a lot of "members" who aren't one of "Us" in that they don't frequent the forum it's self and only check the classifieds for parts or only go on the classifieds to sell their parts. Chances are that that person is one of those and expects delivery like he ordered the part from Summit.

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We have to understand that when we buy something from another member, or on Ebay, a lot of times we are not dealing with a professional company, but just another guy who is selling off his unwanted stuff. Consequently, he does not have a shipping department and all those fancy things and has to find a box, get it packed up, and transport it to some shipping facility. He also probably works and has to squeeze all that in when he is off.

A few days, or even a little longer, shouldn't be cause for the guy to freak out and cancel the deal. I think he was being pretty unreasonable, as long as what you describe is the case.

The scary part is that your item is being delivered today and he has stopped payment. Hope he is honest enough to either refuse the item or simply resend you the money. If not, he is scamming you and you should let Ryan get involved. We don't need members who beat other members out of their money.

Don

11. also... ALL communications through email and PM. this way you have a record of all business between buyer and seller.

12. Exactly, the voice of reason right here. ;)

13. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought something in the classifieds on here and sent paypal on 11/30. Patiently waiting on my end. Just excited to get my hands on the part to see if it fits. Won't be able to work on the car until after Christmas anyhow. If I don't get it by the end of December, I might think about starting to get upset.

Another item I ordered is custom made to order. Figure if it gets here within 3 months I am ahead of the game.

14. GARY?

GARY?

15. your best bet to call pp and speak to them and let them know what was said to buyer and forward them the emails or pm's and let them know that it had not even been a reasonable amount of time for you to ship it and for him to receive it, and that you sent them tracking info and to please release your money. never had any problems with pp when you call and talk to them.

16. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

communication is the key here, it took me a while to pull, crate and ship and engine to a HAMBer, but I gave the buyer regular updates of where I was in the process, and that worked well.

Sometimes a quick email saying "sorry was busy today, will ship by the end of the week" will solve a lot of frustrations......

17. I also agree with Don.

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

When I order something, I expect it to go out the next day. I usually pay at the time of purchase, so I expect the same. However, if the seller tells me a specific day or date the item is to ship, I honor that.

Your defense is that you told the buyer about the delay. That will cover your ass if things get stupid. I hope it doesn't get stupid.

Also, this is the craziest time of the year for shipping. Anyone who doesn't know that must live in a cave.

19. Hopefully the guy will do the right thing a pay you once he receives the parts. HRP

20. gtowagon

gtowagon

If PayPal is involved I hope you got delivery confirmation on the package or you might be out the part and the money. PayPal is only interested in the buyer that is why I stopped selling on eBay. As far as shipping time I try to ship within 2 or 3 days of getting a postal money order and always with delivery confirmation

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I sell a bunch of stuff on here...it usually takes me a day or two AFTER the transaction to go find a box, find the packing stuff, the tape and type up a label...IF the buyer cannot wait that long, then he has no expectation other than to go find a retailer in his area that he can pull it off the counter the exact second he pays for it.

R-

22. You have to be nuts to expect something to go out the very next day. That doesn't even necessarily happen from the big pro outfits - oh, it may show shipped already, but it doesn't go anywhere until a truck shows up to get it.

Even with my eBay stuff I post a tracking number when it's paid for and I may wait up to a week to actually mail the stuff, because I usually have several items that sold at the same time and usually one guy takes his sweet time to pay. You are not any more special than any other guy and I'm not making a special trip up to the post office just for your one item and then making another one in two or three days for the next five packages. Unless you want to pay extra for a couple gallons of gas in the handling charges. Unless you express up front that the item is needed fast in an emergency situation, there's nothing I post on here that's going to make a hill of bean's difference if it arrives Monday, or Friday.

Now, this isn't even eBay, you're buying from free classifieds with no rules and regulations except common sense. Guys may be casual sellers, they may have no experience packing and shipping packages. There's no feedback or star ratings to worry about. So it might take more than 24 hours for a guy to pack up and ship your item. Most people don't pack up an item until it actually sells, so there's that to contend with. He might only have access to a post office that's open weekdays and closed an hour and a half for lunch like some of them are. Apparently, this buyer has no common sense. It would be nice to know who he is so I know never to sell anything to him, or to make him pay me with a postal money order instead of Paypal.

As for the OP, I hope your wife used delivery confirmation so you can prove the item was shipped and recieved. If not? You're probably going to lose the item and the money. And then you most certainly should tell us who this dipshit of a buyer is, because he's just become a thief.

23. Rog
    You and me both friend.

I am not a business just a guy who needs to either thin the herd or pay a bill on occaision. My mind set when buying on the HAMB is that most of the people I am buying from are not a business. As long as no one cheats me out of my cash I am good.

24. jesse1980

jesse1980

That's why good old cash in person sales are the best. I also never send out items until the money is in my bank account cleared or I cash the money order. PayPal is the worst way to pay or get money . They are all about the buyers not sellers.

25. jesse1980

jesse1980

But to answer the question a day or too is usually good.

26. I hope the buyer, who you said is a member here, reads this so he can see what a Tool he is being.

27. I sell alot of stuff. When I make a sale I require a USPS money order. I cash it the day I get it and mail out the part the same day or the next. I figure I owe that much to the person who trusted me to send them what they bought. That's just me. I want to maintain a great reputation selling parts. All it takes is one person badmouthing you and it all goes downhill. Oh, and by the way BOYCOTT PAYPAL! They suck!

28. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have sold some items via ebay and other methods. I try to ship within a couple of days-if not feasible, I tell then in advance. Some folks I have sold to are repeats so I have sent them items they wanted prior to payment--never had an issue yet. Also sometimes things get fouled up on estimated shipping costs. If I chged them more than actual, I refund the extra either via paypal or cash in the package. Have had others treat me as well thus far.

29. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Wow, even Jesus is ripping off people these days... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.