Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical When changing plugs and wires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RaginPin3Appl3, Jun 23, 2016.

1. We ultimately had to cut my ring off before my finger would heal.

There are a lot of ways to spark yourself with a car battery. I imagine that someone could do that while changing plugs if they tried hard enough. Its funny every time I short one out I jump right out of my shoes. You would think that after all these years it would not startle me. :)

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's all fun and games, till someone gets hurt. Then, it's hilarious.

3. little red 50

little red 50

Fred that's some really funny stuff, I've never taken my battery cables off to change my plugs or wires, but after seeing that I think I will. And one of those electronic fly swatters will bring a grown man down.

falcongeorge likes this.
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

"I'll just see if I can pass these cables under the table here"...F*cking priceless!!!

5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

:D

Attached Files:

falcongeorge likes this.
  6. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    My son used to think I was too serious about using PPE when I work on my car, until I showed him some work place incident photos. No shame in my game.

7. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I remember high school shop class when a student got his class ring shorted to a starter terminal. He was burned pretty bad.

8. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I was cutting a broken retaining collar for a 9 inch hydraulic cylinder shaft using the torch on the service truck. I told the guy I was working with to go back to the shop and get a new collar set. I had the torch going and ear muffs on. Suddenly the torch was pulled out of my hand. I pulled off the helmet and watched the guy driving the service truck across the yard dragging the still burning torch.

falcongeorge and blowby like this.
  9. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

In high school auto shop we had some students who didn't have a car and always got in the way. We sent one to the parts store a block away to get a water pump for a Volkswagen. He didn't come back. Then the guy from the parts store called saying he's called all the warehouses and can't find one. The instructor told him that Volkswagens are air cooled and don't have a water pump.

10. das858

das858

When I got married I was working at a chevy dealer as a mechanic, I came to work the Monday after the wedding wearing my new wedding ring and the old timers told me either get rid of that ring or get get rid of that wife!

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well...............?

12. das858

das858

I kept the wife and got rid of the ring!

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ROFL!!!