Register now to get rid of these ads!

wheel suggestions???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brentthebarber, Feb 23, 2009.

1. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

I am kind of tossed up between 2 styles, just wondering what you guys think, i love the way they both look, my build is a 30 model A coupe on deuce rails with the frame kicked up 2" in the front and 4" in the rear so it's going to sit nice and low but still on the rails, but any ways I really like the look of steels all around with black walls and I really like the look of steels in the rear with some wires up front. just want to see what your guys' opinion is on it,(I know everyone has one) I'm stuck between them both, guess I can always be switching them out too!

2. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

It depends on the look you are going for. If you are looking for the pieced together look, do different front and rear. If its a more complete rod, then go the same all the way around, its all about the theme of the car

Mark

3. blackout

blackout

Wire wheels are more like pre-war, if your build is pre-war, then they look fine.

4. ct

ct
    from minnesota

There was just a post about all the same steel wheel or a wire/solid combination. The same wheel type looks cool, but I also like wires in the front and steels in the back. For me it would come down to what I had on hand. If not, how much am I willing to pay for what I want?

5. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

well I'm going for sort of a 60's style rod with a root beer brown paint and gold flake all over, so I'm guessing the same all around would be good because like marks914 said "the complete look" is what I'm going for, with chrome front end and nice shinned out 383 with 6 94s. I have both sets so that's why I'm so tossed up. but I think I might have made up my mind.... the black steels with black walls all around. thanks guys. I'll post picks up soon.

6. brandon

brandon

put some shiny wheels on it......