Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheel fit question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Texas Webb, Mar 12, 2012.

1. I bought 2 bent spoke rims they were supposed to be 5 on 5.5 but talking to the man and searching they seem to be 30's buick 5 on 6.they are 5:00x16 and heavier than ford.Can they be modified to on 5.5?made by motor wheel corp and center hole is 4&1/2" vs 35 ford wires at3&1/2".Thanx for any help I would really like to use them if poss.

2. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

Might be easier to redrill the hubs or axles to match the wheels. Most stamped wheel centers don't lend themselves to being redrilled since they're typically coined at the area of the holes to make a raised surface to accept the hole and countersink. Trying to redrill at the areas where the center bears flat against the mounting surface won't work out too well.

3. Thanx,thats my problem.With a 4.5 center hole it doesnt leave much to drill and coin the boltholes for 5.5 on the rim even tho these are thicker steel than fords.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I can't think of any practical, cost effective or safe way to modify the wheel bolt spacing on such a wheel. Note, I did not say it CAN'T be done........but is it really worth it when you can readily buy wheels that meet the specs you need.

Ray