Register now to get rid of these ads!

wheel choice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53studecoupe, Dec 2, 2010.

1. 53studecoupe

53studecoupe
    from Eagle WI

I am trying to decide if should go with ET 5 windows satin or vintage 5 spoke with cast centers. I have plenty of pics with the 5 spoke but nothing in the ET for my 53 Stude coupe. Anyone running them with pics?

Attached Files:

2. No pics but if you send 'em to me I'll bolt 'em up and snap a couple for ya?

I personally don't care for the look of a Lowey with 5 spokes. Maybe if they were real magnesium 5 spokes maybe fats n skinnies. I do think that ET would look good on one but then what ya gonna run up front?

3. 53studecoupe

53studecoupe
    from Eagle WI

I was thinking the skinny version up front. I don't think the front would look good if I went with the ET gasser. They are reserved for the Willys gasser look I would think though I have consider them. I need to brush up on my photo shop skills I guess.

4. 53studecoupe

53studecoupe
    from Eagle WI

You mean like this? I see too many like that..

Attached Files:

5. No I was thinking more along the lines of Americans like the older magnesium torque thrusts. But yea you do see a lot of them with polished billety looking wheels also.

I'm just running (better said going to run) steelies on mine. I know it shows a total lack of imagination but it works for me.

I actually have a set of Ansen Sprints 4.5 wides and 8 wides that I have considered running but I just don't think I will.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sorry no pics but if you already have those for the back, How about these up front.
    [​IMG]

7. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I had the same ET alum wheels back in the early 70's . I traded my Cragers SS for them and never regretted that at all ! They look great on the back with big tires and the spoke style up front like the gassers used .

Retro Jim

8. Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I like those ET's in your pic. Look tough...and would be great on the back...

11. 53studecoupe

53studecoupe
    from Eagle WI

I have thought of steelies

Attached Files:

12. 53studecoupe

53studecoupe
    from Eagle WI

How about a combo of ET slots in the back with skinny Torq Thusters in the front with flat caps? Wish I could see them on the car. They are not cheap in bigo 15x14!

13. That's about the way I'm going with the one in the garage. 8 wide reversed on the rear and 5 wides on the front.

You probably already know thsi but those cars are pretty narrow. Hard to find a bolt in rear that will fit much of a wheel. I got a 31 spline 9" Ford that was under an A body MOPAR (little dart) and I still have to narrow it to keep the rubber inside the sheet metal.

There are a lot of ways to go with one. I just haven't really seen a custom/high performance wheel combo on them that really floats my boat.

14. 53studecoupe

53studecoupe
    from Eagle WI

Now you get my point. I have not either. Mine will require a very narrow 9" for sure. This is the rear point of view I am looking for but just don't know what wheels. Thanks for the help

Attached Files: