Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheel Bearings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bkrpop, Aug 6, 2012.

1. bkrpop

bkrpop

My 1952 Chevy needs a new wheel bearing in the left front, the going rate at my local NAPA is $110. I was wondering if anybody knows if there is another vehicle's bearing that will work on my car that is not as expensive?

2. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

Kanter auto parts out of New Jersey sells kit for both sides inner and outer with seals for $159 they are ball bearings probably from the J A Pan co or neighboring country

3. get in touch with this co
    : Wu Kevin <[email protected]>

Dear Wu Kevin:
    Please send me the following bearings & seals.

4 each 909067R=1.746 USD
    4 each 909052R=2.539 USD
    4 each seals
    We can send it for you with DHL. . And pls tell me your detail address, name, tel.

4. 72hd

72hd
    BANNED

maybe scrounge some used ones cars should be the same up to 54--& trucks till 59

5. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

You can avoid the huge mark up in bearings by skipping the middleman and getting them from a company that sells just bearings, like this one: http://www.nationalbearing.com/

If you can supply them a part number they can probably help. Where do you think NAPA gets bearings? ;)

6. Didn't you just post this the other day and Squirrel posted a link to Rock Auto where they're like $30 or so?

7. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Thats what I do...I bought all bearings for my quick change for under a hundred

8. i think i have an extra used one. from a 53 sedan. its yours if ya want it.

9. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

In most cases it's possible to convert to tapered rollers. Aside from the bearings, all that's needed is a spacer/seal surface piece and an appropriate seal.