Register now to get rid of these ads!

wheel adapters?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by last g-man, Mar 7, 2007.

1. last g-man

last g-man

.....might be a dumb ass question but is there an adapter out there to run stock ['50s] 6 lug chevy truck rims on later 5x4.75 chevy hubs? Slap me into reality if need be.............

g-man

2. <www.adaptitusa.com>

These guys make pretty much anything, fit pretty much anything...

3. onelow48

onelow48
    from Maryland

There are people that do it. You may have a problem based on the fact that a 6 lug has a 108mm hub bore (4.25 inches) and 5x4.75 is 74mm hub bore (2.91 inches) It would have to be a 2 piece adapter. Big bucks. It would also push the wheel out around 2" to 3". May be better off converting to 5x5.

4. last g-man

last g-man

..keepin' in the spirit of stupid questions, what is hub bore? Is it the open center in the given rim? Adaptitusa has a one pc unit for 6 to 4x4.75 that is 2" thick [don't know if I can work that in my application] that goes for 100.00 ea. [ouch....but if they fit my need is that still the most cost effective solution?]....need to get w/them for some specifics.

thanks for the help guys,

g-man

5. onelow48

onelow48
    from Maryland

The hub bore is the over all diamiter of the center hub (were the grease cap comes out) The hole in the center of the wheel has to be the same or greater to fit over the hub. A 6 lug chevy has a 108mm or 4.25 hub bore if you were to mike the hole in a factory 6 lug chevy wheel it would be that number. You may have heard the term hub centric rings or hub centric wheels. The hub matching keeps vibration down @ high speeds. It centers the wheel.