Register now to get rid of these ads!

wheel adapters, machinist's help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Billy the kid, May 10, 2006.

1. I got a set of wheel adapters today from another Hamber and they are the oppisite of what I need. Does anyone know if there's a possibility they can be changed. I need a set to put 5 on 4.75" rims on a 5 on5" bolt pattern chevy truck. I got the oppisite, vis versa, and was wondering if they could be changed to work for me. Do you guys know if this could be done. Are the lugs just usually pressed fit? Do you think the lugs could be put in the oppisite holes, and the others tapered to fit the trucks lugs. Has anyone else had this problem. I can send them back but if I can use them I will try. I would also sell these for what I paid for them if anyone needs them or I would like to trade them for what I need. Thanks for any help, Billy

2. Nobody? come on guys...

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Nope....gotta get the correct ones. The studs are pressed in but the other open holes are too big to accomadate the studs properly.

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I hope these aren't the cheap pot metal adapter from Trans-Dapt etc

I have sold them in the past and know of 3 failures from units I sold. You might be ok with them in a light weight hot rod.

As much as I hate to say it, you are better off with the machined billet adapters available from any wheel supplier...

or you can go the cheap route... just make sure things are tight and STAY tight. You might be ok.

5. flatheadpete is right..you would have to press out the studs , taper those holes for lug nuts..then press the studs into the othet holes that are already tapered

doesn't sound safe to me

as 35pickup said..get some new one made from solid billet

i've used these guys: http://www.wheeladapter.com/home.asp

also these guys too: http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

6. Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info guys. [​IMG]