Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wheeew, saved a 32 5w from the crusher!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Da Tinman, Aug 30, 2010.

1. mow too much

mow too much

NICE work..........sure makes me feel like a hack.:eek:

2. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

Wow, you you do amazing work! Keep the pictures coming. I can't believe anyone could run a hood on that car with the firewall and fan shroud treatment
    that car has!

3. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

All I cansay your a hellava metal man,beautiful work.

4. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Talented people like you are so easy to hate! lol Nice work.

5. michaelmoore

michaelmoore

man that is some kinda awesome work . that gives me some crazy serious ideas .

6. nacho55

nacho55

Man...that is nice the work on your firewall that is something else. And the colum drop and floor mount is nice and clean, I am going to try and borrow that idea for the steering colum in my project.
    keep up the great work and details in your project posts.

7. Killer

Killer

soooo bitchin.

8. boutlaw

boutlaw

OK thats it, i'm putting up my BFH and my other BFH and the crowbar....and just follow this thread...no one person should have this much skill. I am so impressed.

9. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

[​IMG]

Little teaser as things are going back together to stay!

Amazing what you can do with rocks, sticks and fire lol!

10. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I been at this car building thing for forty year's now and like to think and have been told I am pretty talanted and then I see stuff like this and go WOW!!!!! My customer's would kill for that fire wall but they sqeal like Ned Beatty at the cost of a simple bead rolled old school pieace! But I have to admit my customer's that I had from Ill. or Minn. where alway's more willing to spend the buck's than here in Wi. Very nice work, but if your the same Tin man that was the baby face young gun that built the little silver modified that was all the talk at Indy a number of year's back, it could only be expected!!!!!! nice,very nice!!! Larry

11. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

baby face yeah,, but thats not me,, heres a good pic of me so you can recognize right off the bat.

[​IMG]

I think I've been called Da Tinman since that other guy was in diapers lol!

12. BEAR

BEAR

hahahahahaha

13. Nope, not him

14. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Hope I didn't ruffle any feather's with that case of mistaken identity!! Wether your a babyface, a pussie face or ruff ass old grump like me you still are one hell of a craftsman , and if I had a chance to meet you in person , I believe I would end up calling you friend ! There is also a guy up in minn. that goes by the name tin man and he is a hell of a fabricator also. keep up the great work and I will keep checking out your threads.. Larry - aka DA Grump

15. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Wow,, been a while and its finished, I had to take a little bit of time off this one to work on a couple other projects and have really been busting ass to get it finished.

Its getting delivered today and Larry has no idea its done or that I'm taking it to him. He's working a booth at the Joliet Good Guys and I'll be giving it to him there.

He came downa couple weeks ago to see it and I removed a bunch of stuff included most of the interior to give the impression that it was a long way from being done.

so without further ado:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

outside it pretty much the same as it was, and thats not a bad thing!

the inside though is quite different!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I made the rear window removable much like a casement window and it works slick as snot too!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres a few folks I need to thank,, First off, Thanks to the ESD for letting me run wild with his coupe, its been a long time and hope you like it!

Mom needs a tanx too for convincing him to let me have it.

Trevor Lahey, my machinist, he and his guys have done a lot for me and there is no way I could have pulled this off without them. its really cool to take one of my harebrained ideas over to him and not have him look at me like I lost my marbles!

Harold at H&K auto trim, I made all the frames and backers and he's done a phenomenal job of stitching together the upholstry,, again I took some stuff over to him that didn't look like anything he'd ever seen and he got covered and in a short amount of time.

Ricky Stewart's auto body, Roach, Ricky's painter layed down the paint on the firewall slick enough that there was no need to do anything but install it. The rest of his crew has always given me good advice and offered up lots of good service when I needed it.

Kevin Moon, he painted all the interior metal parts and did a fantastic job and got it finished in a hurry, Thanks a ton Dude, you pulled my ass out of the fire for sure!

I forgot someone, Browns Plating in Puhdukah,, twice pulled my behind off the hot plate, awesome job great service great price and get this,, 7 day turn around.

And thanks to Ryan and the rest of the crew for creating this place as it has been very much a life changing thing for me and most of my family. I would never have had to opportunity to put this together were it not for the Hamb.

Hope you like it, if not thats cool too and thanks for looking!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  16. von zipper

von zipper

It looks great! Wish it could be mine! Nice job!

17. What Von Zipper said. What a sweet job!

18. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Like it? Hell, I love it. Great work man.

19. i like it
    the only only thing.... the only thing... that pinch bolt on the column coulda maybe been put on the top side out of the way there is room there and the slit as such could be on the side or top but i guess who ever sits in it will or will not find it a problem
    i have saved many pics for my glass 3 window construction

what's next?

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

VERY NICE!!!! Your stepdad told me about your talents and it's nice to see the result displayed on one of his cars. I'll be anxious to see it in person. Congrats on a very fine makeover.

Frank

21. Uptown83

Uptown83

Damn, you knocked it out of the park. Impressive work.

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

not bad for a white boy from ill-uh-noise holmes

23. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Man what a day! around 200 miles up to the show, car preformed flawlessly and it was nice sunny day. The removable back window sure made it a cool ride!

here's one without the window in place,

[​IMG]

and a couple more without all my makeshift bedsheet covers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

was he happy?

[​IMG]

Yeah I think so!

ahhh ya notice that its a bit dark in the last pic? we got there just ahead of the incoming storm so we beat feet back to Moms house so we could get her car out and ready for the return trip..... Shes got a 32 roadster.

The trip home started in the rain and we drove thru the first rain then stopped in Dwight and picked up some half price hoodies and continued on. Shortly thereafter it rained so hard that I was pretty close to blind. Just passed the next underpass there was a hole in the clouds and I asked my hitchiker Sam (Cool57) if he wanted to stop or shoot for the hole, he says go for it. That was the last of the rain although we skirted the clouds most of the way home.

[​IMG]

Once we got closer to home the clouds drifted away and it was nearly perfect roadster weather and more than made up for the crappy start.

All in all was a great day, 400 miles in 2 different hotrods with a good friend to share it with.

Thanks again everyone and I hope your day was at least half as cool as mine!

24. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Looks about as happy as a guy with no line to the port-a-potties!!:D:D

Great looking car! Is that an orangey peach or more straight orange color?

25. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

the body has a lot of pearl in it, orange and gold so it really pops in the sun, but my crappy camera hasnt figured it out yet.

this is the best pic i got of the the actual color.

[​IMG]

chassis is straight orange, its kinda odd but I really like it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  26. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Nice job man,glad to see the pedal put to good use!

27. belair

belair

You are a rock star. I really admire the work you do.

28. 54pumpjack

54pumpjack

Glad I could help , it was worth it just to meet Larry and chat with him!

29. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

30. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

What an improvement!
    Congrats.