Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wheeew, saved a 32 5w from the crusher!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Da Tinman, Aug 30, 2010.

1. S.F.

S.F.

The firewall is scrumtrelescent

2. Jay, you are just a DAMNED SHOW OFF!! hahaha I love it.. It's looking so damned good, I could eat it. haha

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

your bead rolls just kill me...JUST AWESOME!! everything else is pretty nifty too:D

4. elvi411

elvi411

5. You are so bad!! that is some great fab work and ingenuity, You must have wierd dreams at night,,,,,,

6. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Thanks Geoff, you dont post often and I'm flattered you stepped out to say that!

yeah well I still think of Breeder in a cupid outfit when I see you and Mom together!

Glad you liked it, even more happy your my Bro!

Uh,, thanks?

Pay no attention to this guy he's biased, Thanks Pops!

yeah they preheated, coated, stripped, and recoated it, all with the same results. Porbably why it was so brittle.

Thanks!,, we need to meet up at the Pileup! I'll be the idiot in the chrome helmet.

And thanks again to everyone else thats posted, it means the world to me to have so many folks complimenting it!

7. matt 3083

matt 3083
    from Tucson, Az

How about a little "how to" on the radiator
    shroud and the garnish molding? Like, pretty
    please.
    Matt
    Love your work.

8. 454navyss

454navyss

that is some amazing work. everything you have done looks excellent.

9. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Tinman, I really like the switch panels you built. Can you inform us as to how you got that nice bead on the edge?

Joe

10. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

wow thats............. orange.......

11. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Woah...That's an image I didn't need stuck in my head this morning...

12. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Wow,, killed the bucket,, I'll transfer the pics to my server and hopefully get them back up in the next couple days.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

13. Fuckin celebrities! Next you will have a Publicist!?

14. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

why did u even bother to start with a car,,,from the looks of it so far you could pound out a body,,,,,nice work great ideas man,,,:cool:

15. i can't see anything? no pic's here.

16. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

they'll be back up tomorrow, I've used 10 gigs of download on my photobucket since I posted this and they shut me down.

whoda thunk.

17. BinderRod

BinderRod

Jay you do some killer work

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hahaha! :D

19. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I want to see pics of the tools you have to build that firewall.
    I'm betting nothing from Harbor Freight.

Thanks for the heater bracket pics. Right clicked & saved.

20. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

21. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

pics is fixed,, sorry for the glitch!

22. Jeff, that's exactly how I feel every time I visit my car, er, I mean step-son.

My coupe had many, many "issues". When I bought it the previous owner even called it the "Mystery Machine". It's been a fantastic experience working on it and I've learned a lot. Recent circumstances had put the project on hold but Jay agreed to help finish stuff up for me (door handles, crank-up windows, etc.). He took it to his shop with instructions to use it as fill-in work when things were slow and if he saw anything to go ahead and fix it. A couple of weeks went by and he dropped me a PM saying, "Don't freak, but I cut your firewall out." Needless to say I freaked but soon regained my composure when I saw the pic of the just-completed firewall - Holy Shit!! Jay's Mom is an extremely-accomplished quilter and to see that theme carried through in steel was beyond cool. That theme will be touched on again in the interior. Long story short, I'm so thankful my coupe is in Jay's amazingly-skilled hands.

Yep! I'm certain there will be quilts in the trunk on occasion, too. But "Depends" for absorbency.

Oh, I'm paying....but with the usual "family surcharge".:D

Tim, Glo doesn't need two cars, I just titled the roadster in her name a couple of weeks ago.:D Plans are to send it to Jay over the winter.

Hahaha... shoulda Photoshop'd it. I've been puzzling about that since I got the car. Same for the Seafoam. It screams '80s show rod!

Jim, I couldn't agree with you more. Jay has uncovered so many current and potential problems, I hope he adds to this thread regularly. The amount of skill, knowledge and enthusiasm he has put into this project is nothing short of astounding. Good idea, Dave, about the Owner's Manual! Wally, your son's a genius in my eyes! Hey, I gotta take a leak.....

See ya at the Burgoo, Charlie!:D

I have always loved color! I can't pick a favorite. I'm a sign painter and have made a living surrounded by color. When it came time to paint the frame I decided on single-stage orange and matched to 1-Shot 124 Medium Orange. Makes touching up stone chips and scratches real easy.

23. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

Ah GEEZZ,,,Now he's gonna need a big Ape for a body gaurd :D :D if the public founds out how good he is :D

24. ZZ Top sang about being Nationwide........................Jays work is WORLDWIDE! ;)

25. tinmann

tinmann

Ummmm........ wow!!! Imagination plus talent, deadly combination.

Kind of a nice family reunion on this thread too. Can I be a part of the family too, since my name sounds sorta kinda the same, almost?

26. kingpins

kingpins

that firewall is AWESOME!!!!!!

27. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

28. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

short update,, and will have more tomorrow.

this week has been assembling stuff, lots of work but it looks like nothing is getting done.

Got the motor reassembled, new coat of paint and quick pass with a buffer on teh intake.

[​IMG]

Everything is back from the coaters, horn button and trim came out looking like it was made for the car, oh shit, it was! (please ignore the exploded turn signal switch!)

[​IMG]

Shroud has been polished and radiator painted.

[​IMG]

^^^Thats fully assembled and I forgot to get a pic of it, its incredible!

I also got to play a bit with the quarter window mouldings,, I likes it!

[​IMG]

more gooder pics soon!

29. Da Tinman

Da Tinman