Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your favorite piece of speed equipment you own?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, Sep 12, 2003.

1. 47bob

47bob

A moon gas pedal which i've had for 40 years and finally installed it in a car. Bob

2. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I don't know how rare it is, but I haven't been able to find another...
    Edmunds 2X2 Intake manifold for my 331 Cadillac motor.

This is an old post....boy, some of you have some good shit:cool:
    John

3. RacerRick

RacerRick

Hmmm...this is a tuff one.

Maybe its the vintage Martin turborcharger setup for a SBC. Or the Red Ram I am slowly putting together. Goddamn post office lost the isky cam that was going to go into it.

4. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Gotta be the set of longrams I found at a Phoenix Swapmeet once,

[​IMG]

Or perhaps this little "Kuhl"-baby... :D

[​IMG]

and to top it off...

[​IMG]

5. myke

myke
    from SoCal

my evans heads and intake

[​IMG]

6. i have a dilapidated old sanger flat bottom vdrive with a big block chevy in it. ive had it for years. one of those "projects" i was gonna get to eventually. i was told it was a 396. i was going to sell it to a buddy for 300 bucks, but a few months back i discovered it is a 1968 427 4 bolt main purchased over the counter at chevy. according to the numbers on the block and the pad and the research ive done on it, its a rare one. im looking for something to stick it in now.

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I guess I've got two favorites, and they're both exhaust related. My Fenton headers for '49-'53 Oldsmobile engines, and my dual outlet Hollywood Deeptone exhaust manifold for 216-235 Chevy--it's not a converted stock manifold like many vendors sold in the day, it's a complete aftermarket casting, and it's the only one I've seen.

8. twofosho

twofosho

Simple answer, my factory Pontiac fuel injection.

9. Bugman

Bugman

Holy back from the dead post Batman. My favorite piece is my vintage Moon timing cover with a weld going up the side for my 392 Hemi. It's a toss up between that and the origional Donovan valve covers for it.

10. studhud

studhud

All right last week On EGAY I got an Edmunds intake for my 38 lincoln zephyr v 12 It was listed as a flathead ford! He was wrong! It was definately lincoln I drove 5 minutes from work to pick it up and it turned out to be nos there's not one mark at any of the stud holes. I really wanted one and I feel I scored it for $450 Thanks Dave

11. Carshowlvr

Carshowlvr
    from Florida

I was given a Mermaid statue about 14 inches in height made of solid stainless. I found out later that the Mermaid was actually the hood or bow ornament for a luxury speed boat made by the Dodge boat company. After doing a little research, I found that Mr. Dodge who founded Dodge cars had two sons, one went into the car business with his dad and the other left to start his own business in making luxury wooden boats. Anyway, the statue is from a 1930 Dodge boat. Oh, by the way, I sold my Mermaid for $1,000.00. I could not keep it in a closet, a boat restorer bought it to place at the bow of his 1930 Dodge boat.

Attached Files:

12. I'm glad this thread is my favorite piece - not the rarest/nicest/coolest.

My fave is an factory MW swinging oil pickup.

#2 is the intake for my '54 Dodge 1/2T. #3 is a Holset T46B I've been meaning to clean up & use on a 440.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually, I DO NOT have a prince albert. I have an Apadravya and 3 scrotum piercings!...[/quote]

At least it's not a gish.

-bill over and out

Attached Files:

13. My favorite ( guess because I know the history ) is a Hemi 6x2 intake with 97s, orig lines and fuel block. Ran it in my 27 T at the nite drags at Balboa in Eugene Or. It was also in a 40 Ford Coupe and finished in a friends low buck rail. This was all in the early 60s. Also have the Vertex and the American 5s with slicks ( still hold air ). lol

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like my welder...and my bandsaw, and my rollers, and my hammers and dollies, my housing fixtures, my 10hp air compressor, sawzall, and the favorite among the favorites...my .98hp Dotco die grinder. With all that shit I can make anything faster and better.

15. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

:D:D:D My dog Can.

16. Have several items, but these FENTON SBC cast iron manifolds have to be near the top of the list. Dual outlets on each side that go into a merge tubing header. Think these were originally intended for those '57 Chev Black Widow cars.

These HEDMAN(?) FE Ford headers are a close second. They have a special cast iron adapter plate that bolts to the engine block. That small tube is for the carb choke.

Attached Files:

17. Larry T

Larry T

Well I don't guess it's traditional, but right now my favorite piece of speed equipment is the 454 with Brodix heads, Comp Cams roller cam, and Big Shot (400 advertised HP) Nitrous system that's sitting in my dormant street Anglia project.

18. A rare 303 Olds intake.

19. racer5c

racer5c

headlights??? Mermaid Statues?????? when did they become speed equipment? How much faster do they make ya go????????

20. BELLM

BELLM

Moon tank and Eelco hand fuel pump off an old altered roadster a deceased friend owned bick in the 60s. Tank is going on front of my 32. Also a pair of freshly machined Edelbrock heads and a set of Edelbrock pistons fro late Merc flathead that I found in the trunk of old 4dr sedan I bought. The heads were wrapped in July 8, 1956 Los Angeles Examiner newspaper & masking tape. The piston box had only a portion of the label on the box, box had never been opened.

21. Six pack of NOS Saaty Meteor fuel injectors...

[​IMG]

22. Paul

Paul
    Editor

this IS an old thread,
    earlier I posted my BBC Man-A-Fre
    that was a kick in the pants to drive!
    never should have sold it.. what was I thinking??

my new favorite is this Cragar driven 471
    I've had for... a year? already
    hope to have it going before too long..

Attached Files:

23. aluminum buick

aluminum buick

I recently acquired a set of 4, 4 point aircraft safety belts, (the kind used in bombers during WWII) they're gonna look pretty cool in my car once I figure out the attachment points for em. Theyre like 4 inches wide on the lap belt portion, and they have a cool leather tab to cover the pinch points on the buckles. They're neat and best of all they only cost the six pack it took to have the mechanic take em out of his vehicle while I was in the field!

24. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

Well I have these...

Attached Files:

25. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Laurel Roof 16 valve ohv conversion for Model T. This thing will make a well tuned T run 100 mph!

Attached Files:

26. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

My favorite two wheeled hot rod crap. It's a '29 Indian 45" 101 Scout overhead valve conversion. In 1939 Elmer Turner (see the drilled T in the rocker support plate?) built this. It has 74" Chief valves, large ports, Chief intake, Bonneville cams, Chief carburetor, etc. The oiling system has been modified from total loss to recirculating. Back in the day (he built it in '39) It'd kick any big Harley's butt with no problems.

Attached Files:

27. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it really isn't a speed part, but the coolest part is a 6" face 20's Jaeger mechanical tach, it is nickle plated, it is just too cool to explain (double needled, multi reading face), it is also worth more than my T. The history behind it is that it came off of one of Gar Woods water speed record boats.

My favorite speed part is my 1 7/8" Barrel Throat Miller on my T or the Dual 1 1/2" Throat Zenith I came off of a Liberty Engine.

28. Flatman

Flatman

My favourite part has to be this vintage Fenton 2x2 intake. Great swap meet find (for around here anyways );)
    View attachment 160234

Flatman

29. ironhunter

ironhunter

well, let's see...my vintage Edmunds 2X2 on my 224 Stude in my 31 Plymouth, with Stromberg WW carbs and Edmunds air cleaners...

or maybe my Offy 2x4 on my 425 Nail with matching valve covers...

Or my Offy 6x2 for a Nail that I don't even have in hand yet...

nah. It's my numbers-matching Super Wildcat 425 Nail! Sitting in it's original engine bay (64 Wildcat Sport Coupe) with it's original carbs, air cleaner, valve covers, etc. Gotta be my favorite of all of them.

30. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

mine would have to be 6/71 Petes engineering magnesium blower