Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your favorite piece of speed equipment you own?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Ok guys whats your coolest,rarest,etc,etc piece of speed equipment or hot rod/custom part that you own or have owned? There has to be some great stories involving parts out there. Thanks,Louie

2. Elrod

Elrod

3. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't think they're super rare or anything - but my favorite right now is a set of finless Weiand heads for my flatty. Mildly polished and dressed up with TUCK's nuts they are going to look superbe.

4. dondanno

dondanno

MY FOOT!!!!!!

5. skipstitch

skipstitch

Oh...I'm gonna catch some flack for this one...
    A brushed billet aluminum timing chain cover and pulleys by Little John. I know, I know... When I got my first job in a hot rod shop the owner had it hangin' on the office wall and it was the coolest wall art I'd seen. So, when he closed his shop I made a play for it. It will never see use on a car, but it's nice to look at hangin' above the work bench in the upholstery shop. Did I mention it's also displayed beside my collection of gold chains? [​IMG]

6. I don't really own them but... The last half of a bridge.

When I'm crossing a bridge, the car goes faster the last 50% of the crossing.

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

A tiny little Eelco cast aluminum Stromberg jet rack, with a Plomb jet wrench hanging from it. Wish I knew its history...

8. I really like my headlight collection. I'v got a perfect pair of E&Js with aiming insrtuctions and all. There's also a couple sets of guides and 2 pair of La France headlights.
    The first pair I got off of EBay fairly cheap and the second pair I got at York this year. ScaryLarry and I were strolling through the swapmeet and I spotted a box with headlights in it. The guy at the stand said they were is buddies and he would be back shortly. Not wanting to wait I asked what he looked like and found him wandering through the swapmeet. The guy wanted $200 for them but I jewed him down to $175. The kicker was I didn't have the money, so I "borrowed" the money from Larry. Pissed him off that I found them then really got him fired up cause he had to pay for them. [​IMG] I was gonna put them on Ebay cause I was broke and they're going for about $2,000. After cleaning them up I just couldn't convince myself to sell them.
    Clark

Attached Files:

9. Rocket88

Rocket88

As of right now I'd have to choose my NOS OL496 Edelbrock 4 carb manifold for my 324.

10. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

I've got a 62 Corvette 32y, 340 Horse intake manifold which I have had on every engine I have had in my 36. It's crazy how thing will just feel right. [​IMG]

11. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Does my penis count??? [​IMG]

12. dondanno

dondanno

Hot Rod are you saying it goes off too fast? [​IMG]

13. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

My brain...it thinks up cool shit alot faster than I could ever build it...I can't keep up! [​IMG]

14. expansion chamber....no doubt

Attached Files:

15. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i guess my best item would be my set of appleton 112 spotlights. one is nos and still in the appleton box. my new one was made for the military and is olive drab and was never chromed. it is stamped 112m instead of the regular 112.

16. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

[ QUOTE ]
    Hot Rod are you saying it goes off too fast?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Maybe.... [​IMG]
    And it has chrome accessories! [​IMG]

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    My prewar Eddie Meyer I guess.

18. Elrod

Elrod

I just picked up these two cool old ass Mallory distributors for 4 banger engines. The one on the right is probably from the 30s and is a dual point.

Anyone know where I can get a rotor for the dual point one on the right?

[​IMG]

I've also got a Zepher intake for a 4 banger like the one pictured below but mine has the linkage, no bolt through the zepher logo and 2 94's sitting on it.

[​IMG]

19. I dont have any kool stuff [​IMG]all my stuff is stock [​IMG]whats a hamber to do [​IMG]

20. plan9

plan9

blown injected 426 hemi

21. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont have any kool stuff [​IMG]all my stuff is stock [​IMG]whats a hamber to do [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

ill give you some NOS stickers slazzen! [​IMG]

22. KCsledz

KCsledz

My flamed shoes

23. Rocket88

Rocket88

Hot Rod to Hell has a Prince Albert!!!

LMAO!!!

24. my hilborn.

Attached Files:

25. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I'd have to say at the moment these are my favorite. These are an original pair of 16x13 Magnesium "Big Window" Halibrands that were once ran by Mike Kuhl of Kuhl Blowers and the Kuhl & Olsen dragster fame.

I'm still trying to determine which car they were ran on, but I haven't made a positive ID yet. I originally thought that they came off of the Kuhl & Olsen dragster that was bought from Hanna-Cerny-Kelly in '69, but I've just about decided they were used on an earlier car. This is the same style and size wheel that Garlits was using on his dragster in '64, so that makes me think they were on an earlier car.

A piece of drag racing history nonetheless. I worked the one on the left over a little with some emory cloth in an effort to get them ready for polishing. They were definitely polished at one time and are in great shape. The only thing wrong with them is the very small chip in the lip as seen in the lower left corner of the second picture. I plan to build a car around them, most likely a SBC/ 4spd gasser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

26. NealinCA

NealinCA

That's Kuhl.

My favorite. Nothing special, I just wanted one. Plan is to put it on my 49 GMC...just cause it's a GMC.

[​IMG]

Neal...inCA

27. BIG RIC

BIG RIC

my bbc crower injection set up.

28. a matched pair of air research T04-b turbos(bailed out of a botched warranty claim),
    a good 500 cad core motor(from a 25 dollar tow auction),
    a set of 43 lb bosch injectors (buck a piece at the pick a part)
    two suitable aftercooler cores( a/c evaportors from a couple of parted cads( free)

and best of all access to a laser that can precision cut most anything i want, access to mandrel bent schedule 40 weld pipe fittings, etc...

perfecting a polymer cast process that allows me to cold cast just about anything that i can imagine...

now all i need is a pregnant belly tank to fit it all into [​IMG]

hahahahaha.... the mind is a horrible thing to use....

bob

29. metalshapes

metalshapes

I have 2 Sand cast Weber Carb's That were specially made for a experimental Formula 1 engine. The engine was the Coventry Climax FPE V8, that got killed because Enzo Ferrari tricked them into thinking it was inferior to his.I have got # 11 and 12 so there must have been at least 3 of those engines made. They are not side draft or down draft, but at about a 30Deg. angle. I'll find a way to use them someday....
    But maybe they dont count because they are not Hot Rod parts. In that case my favorite would be the mcCulloch VS57 on my Roadster.

30. Mine is mainly circle-track sprint car stuff. I have many vintage Halibrand parts such as lobster brakes, steering gear, etc. I bought the gear for $100 at an Ohio swap meet and I was offered $550 for it a few minutes later. It would bring at least $1500 on eBay today.

Of course all the components on my 40 year old dragster are somewhat rare.... [​IMG]