Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your favorite music to cruise to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Jul 21, 2009.

1. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

no stereo in the 38 but in the garage:

Sasquatch and the Sickabilly's
    RRH
    Psycho Devilles
    Hank III
    AssJack
    Johnny Cash
    Shooter Jennings
    Waylon
    Jim Croce
    Gordon Lightfoot
    Bill Haley
    Wayne Hancock
    SRV
    Robert Johnson
    Texas Hippie Coalition
    Pushrod
    Bob Wayne and the Outlaw Carnies
    Pantera
    Brain Setzer
    Benny Goodman
    Tommy Dorsey

And the list goes on but I will stop there.

2. Adrian Rollini

Adrian Rollini

Artie Shaw 1938-1941
    Benny Goodman 1935-1938 the Krupa years
    Gene Krupa
    Glenn Miller 1938-1942
    Jimmy Dorsey
    Woody Herman
    Cab Calloway
    I like the late 30s early 40s big bands.

3. I don't know about cruizin' but driving in general (and it don't matter what I'm driving) its got to be "Radar Love".

Man that tune comes on the radio and I can't help myself from putting it to the wood.

4. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

5. some gaslight anthem!

6. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

American Graffiti Soundtrack

7. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

Thats funny I thought I was goofy for wantin to hit the open road and put the hammer down every time I it came on.LB

8. BISHOP

BISHOP

Thats funny, because that song makes me want to jump out of a car, no matter what Im driving.

9. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Thinking back to high school days (30+ yrs. ago) "radar love" was on the radio while cruising with a buddy. He's singing along and says "red eye love". I say what ?? Again, red eye love..right ? Laughed for an hour over that one.
    No radio in the coupe and an AM wonderbar in the Vette so all I here are the sweet exhaust notes...

10. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

wow! i love that you admit it! i was a club dj in the 70's 80's and 90's and i still love the real disco, giorgio moroder, gino soccio, cerrone,don ray, HI-N-Rg from the 80's, new jack swing,house, techno from 90's! turn it up. but i'll listen to link ray, slim witman, junior brown, if it's good and well recorded, i'll check it out. slip knot can go to hell though.

11. I got nothing in the car but the sweet beet of the exhaust note. Got a 5 disc changer in the garage currently loaded with Metallica, Amazing Crowns, Black Sabbath, Johnny Cash and Turbo 350 just a nice mix on random mode.

12. Peter Gunn by Duane Eddy, over and over and over.

13. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Sittin at the light with some hopped up rice burner in the lane next to me I hear "Hot for teacher" by Van Halen. Matte it, then I see that lump in my rear view mirror. Makes a heart feel good:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my-gEdtsJ3Y

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  14. rat pup

rat pup
    from houston

tigre army, and some cash

15. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Music? Don't need no freeking music. The Flowmasters is all the music I want to hear.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your musics not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"

16. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

good question.. some of it depends on the year or style of the car.. I have a 10-CD changer in the trunk of my '60 Electra and it's all American music, no British.., the first 4 CDs are pure 1950's including R&B, rock and roll, rockabilly, doowop.. (No Frankie Avalon or Platters, etc..) CD#5 is surf instrumentals, CD#6 is pure 1962-1969 Motown, CD#7 is late 60's lowrider oldies, CD#8 is late 60's-early 70 soul (non Motown), CD#9 is pure American 1960s garage punk, and #10 is pure modern punk..

17. Deuces

Deuces

Grand Funk, War, Foghat, Ted Nugent, The Who, The Doors, Santana, Beatles, Bob Seager, Temptations, The Rascals, Etc.... ;)

Nothing beats Classic Rock! :D

18. ironheadtom

ironheadtom
    from So. Cal.

19. kraka138

kraka138

surf like the cadillac hitmen

20. billy zz

billy zz

yep
    also
    stooges
    newyork dolls
    gene vincent
    early rockabilly

grey49ghost likes this.
  21. I have an Mp3 player that is chock full of good music, but I always find myself listening to Cash, Social D, surf rock, or anything Jack white has been involved with. The Black keys are pretty good too!

22. no radio. but the mp3 has lots of different stuff for some day when it does. but mainly jimmy buffett

23. Original Rockabilly, The stray cats, Patsy cline, Nat king cole, to many to list I would say Anything on the Oldies station, Blues, Jazz, Some country nerly 60s rock and roll and older with the exception of the Stray cats there number 1#. I just got to get my old record player put in my car so I can play my 45s while im working on getting my original car radio fixed :D

24. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

25. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

Route 66 Theme by Henry Mancini...,Teenage Beat by Little Walter...honestly, the Muzak at work covers all of the oldies from the 50's thru the 80's, enough for me to be real sick of it. Rockabilly and jump blues to obscure "120 minutes" shit I guess.

26. 65COMET

65COMET

Any OLD ZZ Top,I have some great older recordings!!! ROY.

27. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Got the new album with Tom Waits, goood music. And still like I, flathead with Ry Cooder.

28. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

I'm into Red Dirt/Texas Country-Jason Boland, Aaron Watson, Josh Abbott Band, Cory Morrow, Randy Rogers Band, Kyle Park, Waylon, Merle, Turnpike Troubadours, Johnny Cooper, Whiskey Myers, Robert Earl Keen, Cross Canadian Ragweed, and No Justice to name some. Also listen to some ZZ Top, Creedence, Eagles, Gaslight Anthem, Iron Maiden, Silversun Pickups, Floggin Molly....

29. FOOFZ

FOOFZ
    from houston