Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your favorite auto parts store?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by d.reese, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

The one that has the part i need..

usually a CQ..that is locally owned, and I know the owner

or closer to home a nice NAPA that works real good for me

2. Brewton

Brewton

3. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I usually go to O'Reily's. If they don't have what I need, AutoZone is literally across the street.

4. 123

from Seattle

Highlands East Auto Parts and Old Car Parts NorthWest. Both are in Renton, WA and pretty close to me. If they don't have what I need and I am in a hurry I will goto the NAPA warehouse in Kent...but I try to stay away from there.

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

The only store I used to go to was my local NAPA, but the manager there is a dick, so I rarely go there anymore. Even his own people dislike and fear him.
    Now I go to a local speed shop called Baxter's most the time. Their prices are just as good, and a couple of the guys there know me when I come in and always go the extra mile to try to find parts that don't fall into some computer data.
    What I dislike about the chain stores is they don't want to waste time trying to see what might work by opeing boxes. Baxter's will just keep trying to open boxes until we either find it, or I give up. Good folks to deal with!

6. jjayf

jjayf
    from Yelm, Wa

its Napa for me, the local Napa here is very helpful. I was putting an alternator in my Nova and didn't know what size belt I needed, I paid for one and they gave me four belts to "try out" they said just "return the ones you don't use" ...compared to Autozone and Orieilly's who have grown men that don't no what a turbo 350 transmission is without the year make and model...grown men that work a parts counter for a living....ahhh I need a gasket for a Buick 350...."whats the year make and model please?" 72 Nova....now can you fucking get me a fucking headgasket for a buick 350? "do you have the 4 door or the 2 door?"

7. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Napa,Orileys,my Carquest seems to favor the phone guys while i stand there with money in hand for about a minute,then i turn around and leave.Twilight Zone (Auto Zone) is never, unless its for oil,polish,anti freeze,etc.Never for a part i will use,they have a year warrenty on everything because you will need it.

8. long island vic

long island vic

a while back im in an advanced waiting too pay for oil and a filter,,the phone rings an instead of telling him to hang on the guy proceeds to help him,,he caught me in just the perfect mood so i took out my knife and cut the phone wire,,,the look on the kids face was great, i put the stuff on the counter and left

9. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

I don't have a favorite because we don't have any real parts stores with real parts men or women in town any more. I went to the Advanced that I use the most as I pass the Autozone that's in walking distance from my house to get a plug for an atv.I went to the register to pay, after some aggravation from the "parts guy" and the "parts lady"at the register ask "only one plug?".I said "yes, it's a single cyl!". She looks at me with a quizzical look on her face and I answered,"it's for an atv." She says "oh! I wondered what kind of car had a one cyl."

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Here in the Indy area is a small chain called Circle City Auto Parts. They don't give up trying to find your part just because its not in the computer. I just know if I go there they have it or will find it. NICE!

11. Stock Racer

Stock Racer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Local NAPA is the last real parts store around my area. Nice guys will take the time to hunt the old or wierd shit I'm looking for. We have all the others if you need wax or an air freshener but I drive by them to get to NAPA.

12. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

We have NAPA and AutoZone here but I thing Advance Auto is best.