Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's Wrong With This Pic.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Jan 7, 2007.

1. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

That car is gorgeous! The fab work is bullshit! Someone needs to take action against whoever did this. They no only endangered the driver and any passengers who ever rode in this vehicle but everyone else who was ever on the road near them.

The MIG vs TIG argument hold no water, this isn't the time nor place for that one. I will say that just cause a guy can pull a trigger doesn't mean he's a welder though. Jeaze this is proof positive of that.

2. rodknocker

rodknocker

i do work like that and then charge the customer extra for welding rods that didn't quite make it to the welds,i like to call them speed bumps, and as for the broken frame, thats called additional upsell a few weeks down the road(if they even get that far).:D

3. harmfulvapors

harmfulvapors
    from pa

is there bubble gum on the door latches that looks like a one legged man kicking somebody in the ass you know what I mean

4. thrasher

thrasher

i don't understand how someone could do that kindof work and live with themselves. i could weld better than that when i was 15. how could you possibly think if you notched the frame untill it was just over an inch thick that it wouldn't bend? this kind of work disgusts me.

5. BusDriverJ

BusDriverJ

All I noticed at first was the horrible location for the panhard mount. That not only is the worst strength location but the geometry is totally wrong. the upper lonks are almost just funny. who had the idea to just weld a heim joint to a square bar and think its good?? The so-called notch is beyond words. I dont need to spend my time typing about those.

6. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

I think someone needs to get those new style welding rods what has electricity go through them, they get real hot a melt together.
    I know Momma does a lot of work with her hotglu gun, but it just ain't right for here.

7. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

well since the pics were taken. the owner and i have sat down to work out a game plan. we have decided to start over and tear the rear floor out and re notch the frame. tri 4 link the suspension. i told him there is no way to save anything. it's either we go all the way or just trailer it to all the shows.

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

Glad to hear the car is getting done up right....you got some serious work ahead of you! Like someone else said...just because you have a welder..doesnt make you one....great example! Bitchen ride...

9. Shoprag

Shoprag

Man Oh Man!!! When we notched my frame and I did some welding on it, atleast I had someone over my shoulder who knew what they were doing and to make sure I was doing it right.

I'm not the super fab guy but that makes my work look like I'm a master.

10. Shoprag

Shoprag

I went back up and looked at the pic of the car, it's almost impossible to believe that, that is the same car. Talk about a wolf in sheeps clothing.

11. Diablo Artwerks

Diablo Artwerks
    from Bako

Back in 99-00 that car had leaf springs with bags first, thats when I drove it and blew a bag on the 405. Last year to help John out, I picked up the car in Orange jumped on the freeway and went holy shit! I knew something was fucked so I drove backroads to his house, when I got there I looked underneath and couldnt believe I just drove that POS from Orange to Riverside. I told him there, you cannot drive this thing anywhere. It has to be completely torn down and started fom scratch. Johns just too nice of a guy and he keeps letting people screw him over. I hope it gets done correctly this time, cause that car in general is badass.

12. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

That's some seroius craftsmanship.
    If the responsible party is a HAMBer, please stand up.

13. Sracecraft

Sracecraft

You can't two link(ladder bar) a street car! No articulation at all, something will break. This ones beyond absurd.

Craig

14. jonnycola

jonnycola

Oh my god...

you know how to make shoes too??

15. Fe26

Fe26

I'll bet the price was right!!!!!!!! I'll bet the owner drove away from THAT workshop thinking, Damm this car looks good! and How About The Price!!! only 30% the price those Fancy Shops wanted.
    YEAH RIGHT, give yourself a fucking heart attack on the freeway Jack. Fuck the other guy who might be in the way and cop your rearend thru his windshield. Fuck the arsehole who put the Work Experiance guy on the job. Fuck the owner who didn't ask... Why is this quote so cheap? Notwithstanding that, the owner may have taken the first quote at the first shop... poor guy.... It Takes Two To Tango. The idiot customer and the murdering customiser.

A common law of business balance is "You can't get something for nothing" if the price is too cheap there is a reason.

What value would you put on your life as you were going into the second spin with your arse draggin' on the ground?

Get it Hot! Hit it Hard!

16. Finnnns49

Finnnns49
    from Calif

This was not the work of a single shop this is the result of taking the car to 4 different supension shops trying to get the problem corrected and they all said they where going to do it the right way. I know my supension is a mess but after working with 4 different people I am starting to wonder why I always get screwed. Does it really take 4 shops and 7 years to get a supension done right? ___________________________________________________

Low Springs/Dante,

You are the 5th suspesion guy to tackle this job I would apperciate it if you would contact me reguarding the work on my 56 lincoln. It has been six months since you started the work and now you are not returning my phone calls. I have already built two transmission for you worth well over 1,100 towards the labor and gave you the money for the supension parts. You pulled my rear end out back in January and you have not been over to work on it since.

You are telling everyone here that you are going to fix my car right but the question is when? My address and phone number are still the same please just take a minute to contact me. If you can not complete the work for some reason at least return my phone calls and tell me where I can pick up my supension parts and money.

I am sorry I had to contact you this way but you left me little choice and besides when you posted this thread you got alot of people interested in how this work was turning out so we need to keep them updated on the progress.

17. beetlebailey

beetlebailey
    from fort worth

shiza, that is some shady stuff right there. how could anyone with a soul do that and be cool with people driving it?... disgusting.

18. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Wow...just wow...on the plus side...I now feel MUCH better about my own amateur work...and they are supposed to be "Professionals"...?

19. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I have a magazine that shows the Hirohata merc before it was redone. It was that bad or worse. This shit isn't new. It's been going on ever since guys started modifying cars. Some have even been killed for it.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So, where's lowsprings at and is he going to answer that guy? Seems like he got called out.

21. gearjam1

gearjam1

DAMN!!! Even I can booger-weld better than that... He is lucky he wasn't killed...

22. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

OK, I guess I''ll have to chime in cus it appears the last few people have not got the hint that FINNNS49 dropped in his post this morning.

FINNNS49 Is the owner of this Lincoln and appears to have fallen, once again, To Bad dealings.

I talked to John Yesterday and he was fairly upset that his Lincoln STILL has not been fixed .... Over 7 months waiting, Paid for parts, & Rebuilt 2 transmissions for the Current "EXPERT" to repair his Lincoln and noe the guys will NOT contact him.

John has been Screwed in the past on this deal, as you can see by the pics, Now he has a deal going with a fellow HAMBER that is going south.

Every one has talked much SHIT about the previous shops that did the work, Some even downed John himself for not doing homework about the shop & why it was so cheap, Well some of the work was done by members of a certain well known So. Cal. car club that are FRIENDS of Johns so the price was more on the FRIENDS price list.

Everyone then talked up that now it will be done RIGHT cus a HAMBER is doing it, Well, Hes on the road to getting screwed again.

At least the Hacks that did it last time actually did something & As per John, The Lincoln is at home sitting in the garage waiting for the Current fabricator to repair the car .. For the past 7 months !

I have known John for many years, He is one of the nicest Guys i have met in my years of messing around with Hot Rods & Kustoms and it just burns me up to see so many guys take advantage of him.

If anyone out there actually knows the HAMBER that has promised John QUALITY work and Posted all the pics talking shit on the last hacks work, Could ya relay the word that its time to either fix his car PROFESIONALLY, or RETURN his parts & MONEY.

Its Bullshit that John had to join the HAMB to actually try and contact a HAMB member that is screwing him on work & money.

DO THE RIGHT THING !!

23. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

well.......thats a whole other argument, but, you can't even call that "ladder bars". that is just welding stuff...to other stuff...

24. oso64

oso64

its amazing how people can have a shop and pump out crap like that.what a dirt bag.the funny part is, this isn't the first time any of us have seen this.i know i have seen stuff like this first hand!thats why alot of "kustom" shops don't stay open for more than a couple of years.you can only get away with screwin people for a little bit.i am sure John is a cool guy but cheap + friend doesn't always = quality.as for dante fixing it, whats the update?i would love to see update pixs!!!!good luck John, it is a nice lookin car by the way.life lesson, pay to have it done right the first time, you only cry ounce. -Jimmy-

25. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

i am sure John is a cool guy but cheap + friend doesn't always = quality.as for dante fixing it, whats the update?i would love to see update pixs!!!!

Jimmy,

I agree with ya 100% about Friend + Cheap = Quality, As this thread has proven.

As for Update pix's, They arent up cus there are none, After 7 months the car still sits in Johns garage with no Progress.

Thats the shitter here, He got screwed before ... And now it looks like hes on the same Fucked up road to another screw'in.

26. oso64

oso64

That really sucks DE SOTO!!!!!!Lets see some progress on this car!!! -Jimmy-

27. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Dangerous work lurks everywhere sadly enough. Let's talk about how to fix it. Rear clip the frame? Cut out the notch and try again? Let's hear some input.

28. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Dante's last post was June 19th...where's he been? His website link comes up to a generic page as well...

Attached Files:

29. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

What's worse is that there are 100's of rods and kustoms out there right now some even being driven daily that are a ticking time bomb,and often the owners have no idea!here is an idea if you do not know how to do something stick to what you know! Just another decent guy getting bent!This kinda shit causes wrecks!

30. WEREROD

WEREROD
    from Dago

Death is the only way to fix that kind of work......