Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats wrong with my 32 frame?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racerdaddy1, Apr 26, 2012.

1. racerdaddy1

racerdaddy1

I brought home a project a few weeks ago. Its a 1929 model A sedan just sitting loose on a 32 chassis. It looks like the frame is as wide as the body, so it will sit right on top of it. The cowl is not as wide as the body, so it looks odd right there on top of the frame. I saw a ton of pics on here, but I couldnt tell if they narrowed the crossmembers to get it under the body, or whats going on. This is my first time working with a 32 chassis versus a model A chassis. What am I missing here?

Attached Files:

2. 63Compact

63Compact

Yes 32 chassis are wider than an A body at the cowl. Most people pinch the rails at the front of the cowl but leave the cross members alone. Do a search for pinching rails and you should find all the info you need.

3. Yip those rails just need a little pinching in at the cowl and it will fit sweet.

4. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

pinching the cowl area on a '32 frame is a newer way of going about it.... originally they would just drop the body down on the frame , trim the body to fit the contours... or make a shim to go under the middle...and go...

**(get that 27 body you were mentioning in another thread! It'd look great on your '32 frame!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wandi harry

wandi harry

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Check out fomocokids 35 Ford build, He pinched the frame on my dads av8. he cut the rails every few inches and pulled then in to get the frame and body on the same plane.

8. doose32

doose32

can help walk you through pinching your frame or can do the work for you.
    dropped axle productions
    cincinnati, ohio
    513-207-2679

9. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't forget to add a 1 inch thick hardwood " tapered spacer" between the '29 body & '32 frame!

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Here goes

Attached Files: