Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods whats with the stainleess headers on ebay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firecat7, May 10, 2018.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

^^^^ These are the set I got, I thought $70 was a leader, but (yes, it is...Seen the same set for $99, and $129?)
    Anyway, I'm building a 'backup' engine (283, Powr Pak heads, nice Howard's cam, 2 500 CFM Carter AFBs, Mallory CRAB type dist., and these GREAT headers!
    They didn't break the bank, and now I have a nice little Chev (1964) to plant in any of my many projects.
    It'll go in my roadster (or tub) while I finish my flathead.

Now. I was looking for stuff on the Bay...and found a set of stainless headers for my 354 Chrysler Hemi!
    Hemi has a Cragar adaptor to a '37 LaSalle, starter on the right, and these nice headers FIT!
    Sandersons are $900.00, talked to the lady at the phone and cash register. Ha! Damn near was ready to build my own (again...groan)
    Zowie! $79? Something like that...Hemi has cubic dollars in it already, so this was a BREAK!
    As others have stated, if you get these GET THE RIGHT FASTENERS! Tractor Supply has grade 3 China. Avoid 'em.
    Bolts are the key to the yellow brick road.
    Still think I'll have to build a set for my 290 DeSoto...but that's next year.

2. Hey any feedback on a set of these for a 289 in a 65 Falcon? No power steering, etc in the way..seems like a good deal for a 6 month a year weekend driver

3. My son-in-law bought a set for a '67 Mustang and they look great, have not installed them yet.