Register now to get rid of these ads!

what's with fuzzy dice?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jan 15, 2004.

1. some jackass pulled up next to me in a 56 chevy with fuzzy dice. started reving his motor and acting cool. I smoked him. how gay are fuzzy dice and who was the first idiot to run them?
    What is the fucking deal with fuzzy dice?

Anyone?

2. My cutlas that i got for free, came with fuzzy dice... Im thinking leavn them , guess itta be good luck when i smoke Fat Hack in my 6 banger at the drags.. LMAO!

Attached Files:

3. DRD57

DRD57

Now days I think they're just a "lost in the 50's" fashion accessory.

Back in the 50's girls knitted them up and gave the to their boyfriends. Kind of like the girls "branding" their guys so everyone else knew they were taken. That's what I hear anyway. I was only 3 years old when the 50's were history.

4. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Oh Yeah??? Just TRY sneaking that Gangsta Rap Cruiser into the Drags!!!

(You'll need more than fuzzy dice to beat MY car, Kid! [​IMG])

[​IMG]

5. old beet

old beet

Fuzzy dice been around since the fiftys. Never, never did I see anyone cool have them. I think they sold them at Western Auto or drug stores or five and dime stores. You have heard people say it before "NO DICE".......OLDBEET

6. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I've got fuzzy dice. I look at 'em and remember all the cars I've had them in. And the babe who gave them to me back in 71! [​IMG]

I've also got a Rat Fink I got from Ed, and a rubber duck.
    I wouldn't fuck with the duck... He's a Vietnam vet!

7. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

i read in a book, i think al drake wrote it that no one had dice back then? I dont like them anyways there just a little bit more loss of veiw out the windsheild! Nate

8. old beet

old beet

Me and Al are both from Portland, may been different other places.....OLDBEET

9. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

in the calif.drivers handbook they show a big purple octopus hanging off the rearview when they talk about how it's illegal.problem is,now i want one!

10. Gansta Rap..HELL NO!... Ill be blastn' some local country, but with 13 inch daytons!!

You'll never see a country boy in a mexican mobile!!! Thatta be a HAMB moment!

11. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Portland! You remember a couple funny cars that used to cruise the streets back about late 60's, early 70's?

Remember Kenny Goodell, and Jerry "the King" Ruth?
    Actually Ruth was from Seattle I think, but he ran at PIR.

Ever been to "Earthquake Ethel's"?

12. old beet

old beet

From the "TIC TOC" to "JIM DANDY'S........OLDBEET

13. Fat Hack,, how you going to compair to this Gangsta?
    HOLLA!!!

steve-

Attached Files:

14. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

boy, your snizzlin your forrizil!! LOL Nate [​IMG]

15. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

The only thing GAYER than those fuzzy dice is the car you wrapped around 'em!!! [​IMG]

16. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

I have black shear thong panties hanging from my rearview mirror, some lucky girle lost em in the car, LOL
    fuck fuzzy dice
    FRITZ

17. Wouldn't be talking...

01-15-2004 Top story

Neighborhood in shock as Fathack is accused of displaying flagrant homosexuality
    Neighborhood in shock as Fathack is accused of displaying flagrant homosexuality
    NEW YORK - "In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to retrieve the gerbil," Fathack told bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of New York Hospital. Fathack, and homosexual partner "Kiki", had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong. "I pushed a cardboard tube up the rectum and slipped Ragnar , our gerbil, in," explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out "Armageddon", my cue that Kiki had enough. I tried to retrieve Ragnar but he wouldn't come out again, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman described what happened next. "The match ignited a pocket of intestinal gas and a flame shot out the tube, igniting Fathack's hair and severely burning Fathack's face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out like a cannonball."

Fathack suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Kiki suffered first and second degree burns to the anus and lower intestinal tract.

18. I go pogo

I go pogo

[ QUOTE ]

Back in the 50's girls knitted them up and gave the to their boyfriends. Kind of like the girls "branding" their guys so everyone else knew they were taken. That's what I hear anyway. I was only 3 years old when the 50's were history.

[/ QUOTE ]This is right. I was there. Dice were cool if your "Chick" made them, Not cool if you bought them at Pep Boys. One of the reasons Fuzzy Dice were cool is they usually came with a fuzzy somthing else [​IMG]

19. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Ha! I've never even BEEN to New York!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(You're just jealous of the GERBIL!!! [​IMG])

Funny shit, man...you ain't right, Kid...you just ain't right! [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Jimv

Jimv

in the late 50's early 60's it was cool to hang shit off your mirror, dice where cool( no matter what yuz say) shrunken heads where mega cool, red devil heads,all could be won at amusement parks, garter belts from weddings, & dog tags if you where in the service!!
    Another thing that was popular was a plastic Jesus or mary!!
    My cousin would soak tissues with "Canoe" & put them in his ducts on his 56 chevy, the babes loved it!! especially when he cranked up the volumne on his AM radio(WINS in NY with Murray the K) with the reverb!!!
    thing where differant then, most cars where 80% stock & just nosed & decked with skirts.

21. old beet

old beet

Garter Belts? Weddings? Must be a R I thing....OLDBEET

22. [ QUOTE ]

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is right. I was there. Dice were cool if your "Chick" made them, Not cool if you bought them at Pep Boys. One of the reasons Fuzzy Dice were cool is they usually came with a fuzzy somthing else

[/ QUOTE ]

DRD57 - despite his youth - and I Go Pogo are right on the money.

You gave the girl the class ring and she gave you the fuzzy dice.
    And if you were lucky you got something else.

It wasn't about cool, it was about romance.
    Football jocks had em in their cars, so did the most cool guys who ever walked a school hallway and even geeks had em.

It was a form of branding.
    And sometimes, some girls would give you a pair of dice to tell you they were ... shall we say? ... more than interested.
    It didn't take a thinking guy long to figure it out....

Pep Boys, Western Auto, Honest Charley and all the rest took note and made "fuzzy dice."
    Although most of them were a plasticized sponge with black dots.
    A few ran these dice, but they didn't really realize what a pair of genuine fuzzy dice were all about.

If you had the real thing - in the form of fuzzy dice, made out of for real angora yarn and knit by the hot little hands of your beloved - then maybe you'd be fortunate enough to get your hot little hands on the real thing - in the form of the beautiful young woman who knit them.

There's more to it although not much, but I will say this ... I have the patterns for genuine 50's era hand knit angora dice.

First three guys or gals who email me with their address, I'll send em out a copy.

Below, a pic circa 1956.
    A pair of red & white dice along with that ever elusive accessory, a mirror muff.
    The muff, not seen much today, but it was a popular add-on back in the day....

Attached Files:

23. Greazer

Greazer

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The rare and illusive muff is still very popular today. [​IMG]

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

C9, You nailed it again. Must have some experience in that area.

25. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Just PAINT it before we run 'em, Sizzle-Chest!! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

26. ill paint mine ,, if you get a licence plate called "KiKi"

deal?

oh, and thats smoke from your hood, if you couldnt tell.. lmao!

Attached Files:

27. TINGLER

TINGLER

Oh my god you homos are cracking me up over here! [​IMG]

By the way, I have the light up dice hanging from my rearview mirror. Big Lots specials all the way.....

They are not hand made, but my girl did give them to me.
    The dice are not really my kind of thing, but she likes them. I like her, so there they are hanging from my rearview.

Kinda like the old days I guess.....

JT. [​IMG]

28. =mike=

=mike=

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The muff is not seen much in these parts these days . . . in fact it is frowned upon .

29. Amazing how a topic goes so randomly off topic, then springs right back. Funny as shit though. [​IMG]

Pretty cool though... I never really thought about asking about the "history" of fuzzy dice, but you learn something new everyday? My question would be does the fuzzy dice have anything to do with dice on the valve stems and door locks? [​IMG]

30. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

This is right. I was there. Dice were cool if your "Chick" made them, Not cool if you bought them at Pep Boys. One of the reasons Fuzzy Dice were cool is they usually came with a fuzzy somthing else

[/ QUOTE ]

That's strange... my girlfriend knitted me a jockstrap [​IMG]