Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods whats this 34 worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratster, May 24, 2010.

1. ratster

ratster

this 34 was found (some poor guy lost it)today in knoxville TN. built about 30 years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

Yer kiddin', right?

3. ratster

ratster

kidding bout what

4. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I'm confused by the "lost and found" aspect of the story.

5. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

3k seems like a good buy. i don't think you'd lose any money. did you buy it or what?

6. 562roadster

562roadster

Whats the story? What do you mean by he "lost it"? All in all, it has lots of potential.

7. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

I guess someone pawned it and never picked it up....just looking at the store it is in front of. but what ever,I'd go 3 grand to 4 grand

8. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I'd go higher, but seeing how I'm just about finished with mine that's all moot.

9. DougHH

DougHH

cool find. i'd buy it in a second. fix that firewall up first lol

10. I'd say $25,000 would be a good deal...

Sam

11. What I was thinking, 25-30 depending on body condition.

12. What's up with the black thing in the engine compartment, and the fat front shocks?

13. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

Interesting!!! dont think Id go 25,000.

14. Dirk35

Dirk35

I was wondering where I lost that! Thanks for finding it for me. Ill give you my address so you can return it and feel good about yourself.

15. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

black thing looks like a floor mat covering carbs...but wadawinoe?

16. solid

solid

$20,000.00 not a penny more, unless they wont take 20k. then 25k but not a penny more.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Based on the two photos 12-15 grand, condition of floor and bottom edge of the body & doors may change that figure.

18. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Funny, normally people get bent out of shape on a whats its worth thread, but not this one. I guess because the car is so bad ass!

Is that really worth 20 large?!?

God its cool.

I'd buy it and never tell anyone how much it was.

19. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Man, Ratster.....you have ALL the luck.

20. kookee

kookee

Im with the37kid. Unless photos could show what is there is in good condition, then more. Any more information?

I love 33-34's. Deco perfection.

Second though, I would give $20 more than Chris. Cause next week we will read his thread about bringing it home. lol.

21. black thing looks to be a rubber floor mat and those front shocks??????

22. He lost it? Where did you find it?

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

OK, what have we got here................a big tease? Is the car for sale? If it is, how much? I hate these guessing games................spill the facts.

Frank

24. the-rodster

the-rodster

C'mon, Rich.

Spill the beans.

Rich

25. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If you buy it, I'll tade you bodies; my 34 5/w, hammered 4", filled roof, new firewall, rockers, complete floor, all but final stage of bodywork done (all the work that 3/w body needs!)!
    Not sure what it's worth, but that's what it would be worth to me.

You don't see 34's in that stage too often. They're usually cherry or look like they've been sat on. It looks to have a dropped axle, split bones hurst style front engine mount, and front air shocks. What's the drivetrain? Is it worth salvaging? How's the frame? Is the X member there and has the frame been boxed or is it a blow up/start fresh deal?
    Tell us the story and post additional photos if you can. "Sign" taped on door looks like it was for sale at a swap meet.

26. On here, you'll get half a dozen realistic offers and 3 dozen suggestions that it's barely worth what it would bring across the scale at a scrapyard.

In a well-put-together eBay listing $25,000 wouldn't surprise me, as noted it depends on the condition of the lower body - but it's not like that stuff isn't available to fix it either. I've heard of complete ones bringing as much as $60,000 - it really would depend a lot on where you posted it for sale, and who wants it on a given day.

But if it can be bought for $10K or less, and you can swing it, jump on it, because a: it will be a long, long time before you find another one that good, that cheap, and b: even if you don't want to build it, you should be able to make a decent profit flipping it.

27. Weasel

Weasel

Great - another 'Post 'n run' where the OP posts half a story really light on facts with little accurate info and then doesn't post again and everybody gets their knickers in a twist.

So ratster here's the challenge: give us the FULL story - correctly and accurately and spare us the BS....

28. ratster

ratster

ok guys, heres the deal. it was in storage for the last 30+ years but the man lost his storage. so, it was setting in front of a pawn shop when we found it. my buddy is trying to buy the car and wanted to know what he was looking to pay for it. he thought he could get it for 3 grand and i kept telling him thats a 20k+ car...

sorry to tease you guys but sometime it needs to be done to get your mind back on track with hotrod lol
    btw the guy that owns it is telling my buddy that is not for sale, yet.

29. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

soon the bubble will burst [ high priced hotrods ] and they will be fun and affordable once again. once all these baby boomers slowly leave this world , to go meet Jesus.....That said, I sold my 34 5-window to a local guy here for 5K and he threw in a 1964 panhead. My 34 was clean, powered with a 390 caddy hydro combo.

that one there looks like a 18,500 all day long

30. Wow, I would say $15,000 - $20,000. I would give my nut-sack for it though. That is an amazing piece of metal.