Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods WHAT'S THE WORST INJURY YOU HAVE GOTTEN FROM A CAR?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29StudeDude, Oct 8, 2021.

1. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

You win.

2. Flipped my 29 Ford roadster, in a body cast for a year, broke my pelvis, back in 4 places, crushed and broke my ribs on the right side. Fixed the car with alot of help from Richard Ruth and his son. Still have it and drive it. Get up and go!

Lil32 and 29StudeDude like this.
  3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

20180808_124257.jpg
    20180807_134444 (2).jpg
    Replaced the power steering control valve on this, reached through the steering wheel to start it. :eek:

29StudeDude, Lil32 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  4. got hit on a small motorcycle by a 65 Chevy Bel Air that was runnin about 60 mph, I was barely movin, I pulled out in front of him, that was 54 years ago, I'm lucky to be alive, only broke my leg between my knee and ankle,...never broke the skin!...at least the car was HAMB friendly. oh, and I got a ride to the hospital in a 55 Ford 2 door station wagon that was the fire chief's car, it would do 55 mph in second gear. (wish I had that wagon today)

29StudeDude, Lil32 and partsdawg like this.
  5. I have learned to plan where the cutoff wheel will end up after cutting a rubber exhaust mount. Twelve stitches and the VA doctor lady called me a dumbass.

20171026_132416.jpg

29StudeDude, Lil32 and Budget36 like this.
  6. 2Blue2

2Blue2

This thread is very cringe worthy.
    The spine X-ray and hamburger shots are horrific.
    My sympathy to one and all.
    Dropped my T-10 on my face while bench pressing it in place, 17 stitches between my eyes on my forehead.
    Headache for weeks. Can still see the scar when I curl my brow.
    Still have the car 35 yrs later.

29StudeDude and Budget36 like this.
  7. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

in my wallet the pain never goes away

loudbang and 29StudeDude like this.
  8. Paint

Paint

I remember as a kid my father doing the same thing on his 63 Impala ( which I still own ). Except it was my mom starting it with her hand through the steering wheel. I think he had the hoses reversed?

29StudeDude likes this.
  9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

This was replacing the control valve that was rebuilt and way out of adjustment.
    That was one of those knew better but didn't do better.

29StudeDude likes this.
  10. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

OT car with supercharger hit WOT an the damn thing torque steered an my right arm went trough the wheel and yes it broke my damn arm

29StudeDude likes this.
  11. Somebody hit me head on (not my fault) and I was laid up for 9 months. Every rib on my right side was broke and I had tissue damage on my right foot that lingered for over a year. Lost my job and the good thing was I ended up with a better one.

29StudeDude, Lil32 and Budget36 like this.
  12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

29StudeDude likes this.
  13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The centering adjustment on the control valve was off to one side and made the power steering system go to full power steering to one side and make the wheels go that direction when it has pressure from the pump.

29StudeDude and Lone Star Mopar like this.