Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the say on Summits RCI Fuel Cell...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SquigMachine, Jun 11, 2009.

1. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

im thinking of getting the 32gallon RCI cell from summit..but have heard from some of the elders an Friends that the polymer/plastic ones deform to easily and i shouldnt get one unless its metal cased

Whats the say? i know most of you have been doing this alot longer then us and thats why i ask You

2. HotRod31

HotRod31

Yea there pretty flimsy,would not be my first choice.

Later, Mark

3. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

i got a 22 gallon one ill sell u for 50 bux..........

4. jds1965vw

jds1965vw
    from Molalla OR

go with a bladder tank or a alum tank you will be much happier...If you are putting it under the bed I have used blazer tanks- woirk well with slight modification- suburban will get you up to 40 gal. I have a poly tank in one truck and will be swapping it out as the top sags and the fittings are a pain to deal with- leaks.

I used a summit sum-293220-s In my '57 truck it is only 20 gallons so it is only good for about 180-200 miles at a time- but worked way better than the poly tank..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009

5. jm36072

jm36072

ya the plastic ones look cheap and deform. I have an aluminum 10 gall in my drag car and it still looks good after seven or eight years. If you dont want to spend the money and have some scrap steel or aluminum around build a cover for it.

6. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

yea i was thinking the build one myself but dont trust my skills....yea with the 396 i think i will need a bigger volume one, I have heard the suburban ones Hang REALLY low Any truth to that?