Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the nicest car you totaled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cinemafx, Jun 24, 2009.

1. cinemafx

cinemafx
    from Vancouver

I was coming home one night in 1977 sliding my 69 442 through the corners as usual. Another car was coming down the hill towards me and he saw we were sideways so he slamed on the brakes and comes across the corner,wheels locked and BLAM no more 442. Other driver was a off duty cop with 3 people in his car. No body hurt . Whew!

It was a full load Black 442 auto,cruise,tinted glass,tilt,wonderbar fm, rear window defog,posi,sway bars, rally wheels and shoulder seat belts for three in the back,seats,tinted glass and the high output 400. It was a beautiful car. It haunts me still.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I totalled a 69 Z/28 by ramming it broadside with my 69 GTO Judge back in 1978. Z did not survive but the judge was seen about 2 years ago at a swap meet.

3. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

<---- that one. It drives once again though. The honda that got in its way went to the crusher.

4. phukinartie

phukinartie

Whoa ! weird. Mine was a '68 cutlass supreme that on my 17th b-day someone backed out in front of me and totaled it.....BUT 25 years later to the day I bought a 68 442 and now its cool!!!

5. RodStRace

RodStRace

The only car I've ever totalled is a 72 Opel Kadett wagon.
    You guys can buy me a beer for doing that, when you see me!

6. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

[​IMG]

In 1978, a 66K original miles, rust-free '56 Chevy 150 4-door sedan. The little dent/scrape in the drivers door was the worst thing wrong with it. I paid $50 for it, got it running, then later that summer rolled it into a ditch at 70 mph. Fucked it up big-time. :-(

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

This wasn't a "total"....but it's the worst I've ever wrecked a car. @ 1989....'68 R/T Charger.

[​IMG]

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

You, Sir, are a HAMB and an American hero! We are honored to be in your presence...:D
    [​IMG]

9. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

62 vette 327/340 4 speed 4:11 posi silver blk interior.Asshole pulled out in front of me. :mad: The engine/trans/rear-end ended up in my 55 210 :cool:

10. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Totaled a 69 Olds cutlass the 2 years later totaled my 72 Monte Carlo with the 402 and auto. I started to pay more attention when I drive after that.

11. It's difficult for me to type this............I totaled my 1968 Camaro L89 convertable 10 days after I bought it! Only six ever made........One sold at auction last month for 1.2million......................

12. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

In 1986, I totalled a 1986 brand spankin' new Corvette. Owned it an hour. On way home, a big 70 chrysler ran a red light & broadsided me on passenger side. No drivers license, no insurance & didn't speak english.
    Cops didn't care. Called the cops, asked if anyone was injured & I said no. They wouldn't come out unless someone was hurt. Total BS.

13. skullhat

skullhat

that's gotta leave a mark....

14. cinemafx

cinemafx
    from Vancouver

There was one more.

Driving down Pembina Hwy in Winnipeg. A city with no corners or hills. I missed the bend in the road (no reason given) in a nice 52 Chev pickup. Truck jumped the center medium and bounced off a post turning hard right. I was pitched out the door and watched the truck cross 3 lanes before driving itself into the front windows of a service station stopping just behind the cashier. It was rather embarassing and was very close to my home so they all heard about it. Never heard the end of it from the neighbours.

I forgot about this one

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  15. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Mint condition 73 Mustang coupe (yeah, I know. Shaddup) about 8 years ago. When I say "mint" I mean the only thing wrong with it was a minor scratch that the old lady I bought it from gave it when she bumped her garage right before she decided it was time to quit driving. It had 70,000 original miles on it. Bought it for 2500 bucks.

I Was driving home and some douche bag in a Ford Tempo ran a red light and I t-boned the little turd doing about 50 (you can imagine what it did to the Tempo) I actually drove the Mustang home 30 miles but I put it on a lift the next day and found the frame was bent to hell from the hit. Also, you ever try to find parts for a 73 Mustang?...heh

16. The nicest I had was a 79 Chev 4x4 7 days after I still had D tags on it got broadsided by a 59 Elcamino AF ins co said sorry I said read the fine print first 10 days full coverage 30 days Liability They were pissed & I was cancel d Bought it from the dealer I worked at $50 over cost made $ but the dealer I worked at quit giving us Employ discount

17. The other day I filled the tanks up on my 90 Chevy truck That totaled me but I guess it brought the value of the truck up $100

18. ruquik

ruquik

At least you guys all lived to tell the story....

19. cinemafx

cinemafx
    from Vancouver

Good one!

20. Searcher

Searcher

A buddy ( Larry Sharp ) I haven't seen in years totaled his new at the time 1963 Ford Galaxy with 427 & 4 speed down at Zuma beach. He said they were goofing around and he hit one of those storm drains along the side of the road and it rolled over on him.

I need to look him up...he was a gifted mechanic.

21. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

1979 Porsche 911. Ouch. That shit hurt.

22. gafridge

gafridge

I was driving my brothers real nice 74 Formula Firebird and a newly restored 71 Corvette turned on a red arrow and i t-boned him.I couldn't tell if anyone was in the passenger side and tried to turn a little and hit him right in front of the right door,tore the whole right fender off the Vette.Totaled two nice cars in one wreck,this was in 83 i think.

23. Not me, but my business partner did this just about a month ago. Hit Two Elk, a cow and calf, on his way to my house at 4:45 AM to go to a car show. Needless to say we did not make it to the show.

It's '69 Roadrunner Convertible, big block, 4 speed car and it was perfect. It's currently at Custom Auto in Loveland CO for some TLC. They made just over Two Thousand ragtop Roadrunners in '69 and less than 15% were BB-4spd's. So were talkin' just over 300 of 'em to start with, he was sad to say the least.

Attached Files:

24. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

I rolled my corvette over one night.Insurance Co. totaled it and paid it off and i put 2K in my pocket.I bought a 1978 Corvette Pace car to replace it with....Those were the days huh,no worries,no problems...lolSteve

25. Searcher

Searcher

Another friend in his Turbo Carrera. He made it out OK but was pretty beat up. This happened a few years ago in the San Gabrial Mtns. He's still in the car in this pic, They cut the top off and air lifted him to the hospital.

He's lucky he didn't loose it on the other side of the road or he would have been over the side and done. He loved that car, and like a trooper bought another one.
    [​IMG]

26. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Bought a black '64 Impala Sport Coupe on a Wed. in the summer of '78. It was a Southern car had one rust spot the size of a quarter and one baseball sized dent in the 1/4 panel. Had a nice runnin' 283 3 speed in it. Saturday morning I was heading out of town to get parts to swap in a 4 speed and right as I hit the 55 MPH speed zone at the edge of town a 16 year old in a 1/2 ton Chevy made a left turn right into my path and I T-boned him. That was the end of the '64............:mad:

27. Adriatic Machine

Adriatic Machine

I was road testing my buddy Mike's mint 70 RS/SS split bumper Camaro, car was a real chick magnet. It had -brand new that day- GIANT M/T Sportsman's out back. Zipping up Commercial Blvd when a 7/11 convenience store jumped out at me. Trying to swerve my way through it, I wrapped my buddy's 70' RS/SS snap-ass around a pole while he was driving my car behind me. The parking lot was carpeted with sparkling broken glass and there were scattered, punctured beer cans spewing suds like mini fountains all over the place. The trunk had been stocked. The pole carved it's way about a pole's diameter into the left quarter, probably cusioned by that ridiculously huge rear tire which was not round anymore. It took five guys to lift the ass end away from the pole and point it towards home before the cops showed. Got home under it's own power. Thank you God, we all walked away
    That was the nicest car I've ever wrecked and me and Mike are still friends.

28. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Back in 1973 I had a 66 Chevelle 2 door wagon 283 with factory 4 speed , ac , am/fm , roof rack , dual thrush exhaust and really nice . Was well equipped ! Had it for about 6 months and a woman cut me off and crushed the front end up to the engine ! I hit the steering wheel and my girlfriend hit the dash ! Those dash were steel and no padding ! That wagon was my tow wagon for my race car so I was out for a while . That car was really nice and not a thing wrong with it . One of the cars I spent the most on . $300 !
    Well both my girlfriend and I walked away with some bumps and bruises .

29. DMFB

DMFB

When I was 17, I was in my 70 Nova SS that we just finished. 383 Stroker 4 spd car w/ 500 at the rear wheels. I was stupid, and had no business having that car at that time. I was going sideways onto a street, hit second, it hooked and got away from me. I went into an area of the road where they were doing construction and hit the storm drain (thanks to the road work stuck up about 18 inches) Bent the sub frame, broke (yes broke) my front rim, tore half my passenger fender off. Even though most of the money that went into the car was from me saving since I was 12 and doing every side job I could find....that would still the hardest phone call I ever made to my old man. Rather embarassing story, and I still hate myself for it.

30. Tony

Tony

Not me either, but it's always stuck in my head.
    An older friend of mine bought a brand new mid 70's Trans Am. bright red, 4 speed car..On his way home FROM the dealership, a lady ran a stop light and broadsided him, totaling the car. He hadn't owned the car for more than 30 minutes..
    He's never owned another red car..