Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the longest you have drove your car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jawdrpn36, Feb 18, 2008.

1. joeks

joeks

got the itch to surf one day so me and one of my buddies went to south padre then to galveston, and back to waco. skipped class thursday and friday and made it back monday morning. it was only about 1100 miles though.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

By myself. 1998 Toppenish, wa to Wendover and Speedweek. Then to Plesanton and then on back up to Toppenish.
    in 1977 I towed a 16 ft Uhaul from McGregor, Tx to Toppenish with the 48.
    We Made the trip back in the 48 for a visit and 5 rod trots in 3 weekends in 1981.
    That is a quite a trip in a chopped pickup with no ac and two young kids along.
    It looks like we have plenty of reachers here that enjoy the long miles.

3. Dirty2

Dirty2

I drove from Dallas to Paso with a 3 year old !! :eek: Does that count ? Went from Dallas to Bowling green when she was 2 !

Attached Files:

4. sawzall

sawzall

I stand in the shadow of BOB K and Denise.

but the wife and I did do 10,000 miles.... in 30 days..

in the 40,

PA TO CA TO WA And back.

that fall I went to the turkey run, and the following june to 50's in MN..

still cant believe we did it..

http://public.fotki.com/sawzallshop/roadtrip_photos/

2 kids, 2 new project cars and several other reasons to stay home will make it tough for awhile.. but I'll be back out on the road as soon as I can..

5. greendream

greendream

Wow, the most I've done (yet) was 400 miles roundtrip. Hope to change that this summer though.

6. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Left in my roadster from MN with 300 miles on the odometer, drove to York, PA, turned around and went to LA, then Reno, B'Ville, Yellowstone, Black Hills then home....had 9800 miles on it. The next summer the same thing only went north to OR after LA, came home with another 11,000 miles, last summer LA and back for 5000. Add in Des Moines to Columbus in the Vicky 2 summers in a row for 2000 miles each and last year the 32 delivery went to PA, OH, IA, TX MI. KY.for a total of 15,000 (plus the 5000 in the roadster) This summer it is back to CA and north to WA and back in the roadster, and the Buick will go to IA and OH and back home to MN, then the 46 Chev will go to KY and back for a mere 2000 trip.

7. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

There are highway miles and there are roadster highway miles. Big difference. Dallas to the LA Roadster show nine times. It takes a while for the 4 inch pleats on your ass to go away.

8. jetmek

jetmek

albany to wendover and back in a flatty powered roadster truck 2003

9. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I have driven my 39 Chevy in 22 states. When I lived in Pennsylvania, the first long trip was to California and back a round trip of 5400 miles. I did this three times. The second trip I went by myself, and on the return trip towed a 46 Ford truck back. The third time I towed a 37 Ford coupe out for a friend of mine that wanted to move to So-Cal. He stayed 9 days and didn't like it. I stayed six weeks and had a good time. I towed the 37 all the way back to Pa. after I made him pay for my trip for being an idiot! This was all done with a $50. 283 & 350 turbo. It also had drum brakes all the way around which made quick stops interesting. I have put almost 100,000 miles on that car, 60,000 were with the 283. I also drove my 40 Plymouth coupe from Pa to Arizona when I moved here and towed a 20 foot camper behind it. There is nothing like criss crossing the country by hot rod. I feel bad for people that don't have the chance to do it, or are afraid to try!

10. fatabone

fatabone

Drove my A coupe from PA to Texas and back and from PA to Bonneville and back. There are a lot of guys who drive the shit out of their cars.

11. pecker head

pecker head

Corsicana TX to Springfeild MO in my 28 sedan and Bassfire in his 36 , 9 hours !

12. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Cincinnati to San Jose then to GG, down to NSRA Bakersfield....

DAM I miss this car!!!!

Attached Files:

13. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Okay Boulder City NV, to Raliegh NC. 2300 in 3 1/2 days using my 61 F250 Unibody 292 and 4 sd. plus towing my daily driver 89 F150 at the time. Both loaded down with all my stuff in both trucks for the move. Lotsa of coffee!!

Unibodyguy

14. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

750 miles in one day from Glenwood, Mn to Louisville Ky, in my 37 GMC pickup.
    Over 2300 miles round trip over a one week period from Minnesota to Ohio and back , same vehicle.

15. tommy v

tommy v

12 hours ,700 miles one day ,sf bay aera to vagas-drove my cad 12,000 miles in a year and 1/2, how about you jawdropper & that 36 ,you going to the round up[​IMG]

16. tommy v

tommy v

should of had a caddy:D

17. Splinter

Splinter

"My parents drove a Camaro back from the Bahamas for me..."

"You're kidding!"

(We'll see how many Dead Milkmen fans we have here)

18. i drove from brooklyn new york to michigan via canada over 750 miles in 12 hours in my 27 steel roadster pick up and then went to the upper pennsula and back through ohio pennsylvania to maryland and back to new york totaling 1760 miles what a great trip i was doin 85 miles an hour in canada when this cop car pulls up on the side of me and gives me a thumbs up and then takes off awesome we went to the hunnert car ple up in indiana in a 35 ford pick up rat rod with a german helmet for an air cleaner in 1 weekend now that was a ride over 1600 miles in 13 hours to get there and 18 hours to get home we still cant figure that one out another awesome show to go to dont have any pictures of the 35 pickup

Attached Files:

19. nexxussian

nexxussian

The longest I have driven the A so far is just over 1200 miles. From southcentral WA to Wendover and back (not the same route out as back).

[​IMG]

Definetly not any competition to Bob K, Denise or anyone else.

Gonna see if I can make Phoenix (and back) this spring. Only 1400 ish Mi each way.

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back when I was in the Army my 38 was the only car I had so it was my daily driver.

When I was selected to try out for SF service I took some time off and drove there. I was in Townsville at the time so I drove....
    Townsville to Brisbane - 1318 KM (819 ML)
    Brisbane to Sydney - 1010 KM (627 ML)
    From Sydney I could have cut across the Hay plane but I wanted to visit family in Melbourne...
    Sydney to Melbourne - 936 KM (581 ML) I used to do this on average once a month and return.
    Melbourne to Adelaide - 728 KM (452 ML) nice short trip!
    Adelaide to Perth - 2725 KM(1693 ML) Took almost three days.
    [​IMG]
    a total one way of 6744 KM or 4191 ML.
    Did the hardest 20 days of my life and then drove back. Total distance by the book was 13488 km or 8381 ML, though the odometer told me I had driven a total from leaving Townsville of 16248 KM (10096ML) I guess that extra was running around here and there at different stops?
    If you cant put 1000+ KM down in your car in a day here in OZ theres not much point in owning it. May as well invest in a quality mount for your trailer queen.
    Doc.

21. nexxussian

nexxussian

Hey Doc, what is (are) the strap(s) to the hood ornament for?

22. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Took my truck to Woodward to show-up my dad and a friend who said the truck couldnt do it, i went all the week before and the actual day, 4 hours stop and go each day with manual brakes & steering.
    but damn was it fun. keep in mind my truck also topped out at 45MPH because of the gearing.:eek:

23. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are ribbons, my sister wanted it for one of her wedding cars. That wasnt a bad trip only about 450 km to get there:D.

24. chopped

chopped

670, Tallahassee to Louisville. As much fun was last Sat. 220 just cruising the country roads around here.

25. As much as I admire Denise for her long distance driving, I think the Dallas to Paso trip with a three year old is the hands down winner.

Some of you guys really put down the miles.

Longest for me is 400 miles round trip.
    If driving to a show is the main parameter.

Spent 4 days running around LA and the San Fernando Valley as well as out to the Inland Empire on a 7-8 car rod run.

Nothing quite like following the boys from Utah down the Diamond Lane at 90+.

About 1000 miles overall including the drive from Central California.

SamIyam did this same run in an SBC powered A coupe with 4.56 gears.
    He probably did 1400-1600 miles overall.
    Geeze, 100 miles with a 4.56 diff woulda killed me and the Big Buick engine.:p

Last three Saturday mornings, 25* F when I left the house for the doughnut run.
    16* F being my personal best.

About a 250 mile round trip on a spur of the moment deal last December making a run to El Dorado Dry Lake near Las Vegas.

Roadster miles all, so that counts extra....:D:cool:

26. My Modified is not yet on the road but I have a trike I tool about in. Most years I enter this in the National Rally of Wales - this is a 24 Hour motorcycle rally.

About three years ago I did 20 hours without getting out of the car - covered about 900 miles during that time. Couldn't stand up when I finally got out and had a really sore arse bone for days afterwards.

[​IMG]

27. Movinman

Movinman

Let's see...

New Jersey to San Bernadino, Ca. then back

Fitchburg, Ma to Panama City, Fl. then back

New Jersey to Dallas, Tx

Dallas, tx to Green Bay, Wi.

Green Bay Wi to New Jersey

New Jersey to Lincoln, Ne. then back

New Jersey to Charlotte, NC then back

New Jersey to Reno, Nv then back

28. Retrorod

Retrorod

Wow....this is SOME drivin'. My longest at one shot was to Vegas but since we drive ours alot anyway it really adds up. The roadster and the sedan are both showing about 14,000 miles on the odometers. I think the toughest was the trip Flower made in the roadster.....before the top was built, from Simi Valley to Escondido in July. It was over 100 degrees, she and her sister just about fried in the heat.......but the flathead kept running and they enjoyed "Crusin' Grand" that night with a few hundred of our closest friends.

29. Longest single trip for us was from Indy to the HAMB Drags in Joplin, MO in the Krylon roadster and took a couple passes down the drag strip to boot as well as the tow car for the HAMB'ster. :cool: Round trip I believe was around 1100 miles.

30. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

About 1600 miles in a weekend from Dayton, Ohio to Minneapolis Minnesota.